Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 9:43:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you are using the native resolution of the monitor.  Also, I believe there is some option in Windows to use special anti-aliasing on the fonts for LCD monitors.  But, I forget exactly where that is.  Guess you'll have to look for it
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#4]
if its an analog monitor make sure you calibrate it. there should be a button on the monitor that does this automatically.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]
What type of video card do you have and how is the monitor connected? (Is it standard VGA cable? (usually blue adapter)
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#7]
make sure your resolution is set to the maximum that's advertised for that particular monitor. If that isn't the problem, it *might* be caused by the monitor running off an analog/RGB input rather than DVI, and if that's not the problem, then, finally, you have a shitty monitor and should ebay the fucker and get a new one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Put your glasses back on
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Make sure you are using the native resolution of the monitor.  Also, I believe there is some option in Windows to use special anti-aliasing on the fonts for LCD monitors.  But, I forget exactly where that is.  Guess you'll have to look for it

under display properties>appearance tab>effects button>check the box "Use the following method to smooth the edges of screen fonts" and select Cleartype from the menu
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

under display properties>appearance tab>effects button>check the box "Use the following method to smooth the edges of screen fonts" and select Cleartype from the menu

+1
Just to add, this is for XP.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy snikies THAT WORKED!!! Thank you, thank you!!! I thought I was gonna have to stop watching internet pron to get the fuzziness outta my eyes

I bought my wife a 21" LCD monitor when I got her new PC.
It had exactly the same problem.  Fuzzy text.

I gave up and took it back.  (used the $700 to buy a gun though)

Wish I would have checked here first.  That would have been a sweet monitor.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Switch hands??? Or maybe get a girlfriend???

You know I'm kidding LT...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy snikies THAT WORKED!!! Thank you, thank you!!! I thought I was gonna have to stop watching internet pron to get the fuzziness outta my eyes

Glad to help!  LCD users take note, these are the basic steps before seeking to return your monitor.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Also, set the refresh down to 60Hz. While most LCDs will accept a higher refresh rate the pixels of most lcds can't refresh even 60 times a second. Setting the refresh down helps the LCD's A/D converter do a better job.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Check font settings.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It makes CRT screen fonts easier to read as well, everybody should turn on ClearType.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It makes CRT screen fonts easier to read as well, everybody should turn on ClearType.

Not on my 21" Mitsubishi CRT.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top