Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 7:48:37 AM EDT
Sounds like it won't be long now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#1]
It will be interesting, but I just can't believe it would pass, but it's moving along in the State House, at least.www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1098&GAID=8&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=15843&SessionID=50&GA=94

In the State Senate:  www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1482&GAID=8&DocTypeID=SB&LegId=19488&SessionID=50&GA=94
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I really don't care about this. It's just another drop in the bucket compared to when we get an AW ban.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I really don't care about this. It's just another drop in the bucket compared to when we get an AW ban.

You DON'T CARE about this????

You're going to get the AWB ban because you all won't stick up for ALL your rights.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#4]

By the way, this will include .50 caliber and over black powder rifles too!

Illinois gun owners will = pretty soon.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in IL right now, plan to move to TX later this year.
The problem with gun rights in IL is that there are only two Democratic counties in the whole state--Cook county (Chicgo) and St Clair (east of St Louis) and they poll strong Democrat, and the rest of the state polls mild republican. But there are SO many people in those two counties (Cook county mostly) that this turns the entire state.

St Clair county Dems don't tend to support much gun legislation because there's an Olin Brass plant (of Olin/Winchester corp) nearby, in East Alton. So it's really Cook county's fault.
In IL we have a saying: Democrats make restrictive gun laws because they are afraid of the welfare cheats who elected them.
~
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#6]
they can try and pass it... after all, they try every year.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You DON'T CARE about this????

You're going to get the AWB ban because you all won't stick up for ALL your rights.

Of course I care. Just so damn sick of the BS!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
This has been going on in Illinois for the past few years. When the Dummycraps won the Govenor's office and the majority in the State House and Senate. Since then they stuffed the committies with Chicago dummycraps to get through what they want. Yet, even if a anti-gun bill makes it out of committe it still needs to win both the House and the Senate. This is where they always die. Remember SB1195, it banned EVERYTHING. It got out of committe, had a grandfather clause slapped onto it, and never came to a vote. Yes, it sucks to see the same shit , every year, out of Chicago but I write and fight. I will not give up. If we all take the mentality of leaving for a friendly State, eventually there will be none left.

Look at what happened with the Wilmette scenario. The bill that now allows no prosecution if you use a firearm to defend yourself in areas where they are banned. The bill got passed in both the house and Senate and then got Vetoed by BLowmebitch (Blagojevich). In the veto session it was voted in and it became law. Much of Illinois is still in good hands, if it were not for Chicago it would be like Indiana. Fight the fight, there is still hope.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I do not think there isany hope for change until Cook county's Dem political infuence can be ripped down.

I have wondered before--how much money gets transferred out of other counties, into Cook county? Suppose for a moment that, say, .05% of other counties' taxes getntransferred into Cook, to support -whatever- there. One might push for a statewide vote on wether to decrease that to, say, .025%--and probably win pretty easily by portraying Cook county as the greedy bastards they are. Do you think people in the rest of the entire state would vote to send their county's funding into Cook county? I'd bet not. .....And while it wouldn't likely amount to a windfall for the other counties, this would make a huge dent in Cook's spending habits. Angry welfare queens-->unemployed Dem bureaucrats. ~~~~~~~
Top Top