Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/11/2005 9:25:08 AM EDT
I have recently picked up smoking.  Not anything habitual, just one or two after I get home and eat dinner, kind of a unwinding thing.  My g/f likes to smoke Parliament lights, but I am partial to these:

How about you guys?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Tires

(not me, but same car)

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]
[Tyrone Biggums] Is this the free Crack give away [/Tyrone Biggums]

Justin
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have recently picked up smoking.  Not anything habitual, just one or two after I get home and eat dinner, kind of a unwinding thing.  My g/f likes to smoke Parliament lights, but I am partial to these:
www.raymondloewy.org/images/gallery/full/lucky_strike.jpg

How about you guys?

Come back in a year and tell us how it feels to be addicted to a pack a day.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Never smoked so much as a cigarette.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Crack.

I find it balances me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Parliment Full Flavors, a couple a day.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never smoked, and never will.  Tabacco products just dont make sense to me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Stop it now, while you can.  It is bad for your health and your bank account.  Use the money for ammo or something else.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#9]
When I was a kid I would strip down my moms Chesterfield [cough] cigarette butt's then roll'em up in Wheat Straw [hack] rolling  papers.    
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Used to smoke Camel lights.  I still miss them occationally.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Cigars. I never inhale. Hand Rolled, imports. I could care less about Cubans. I have about 2k cigars now.

Ziti
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Whatevers having a Buy 1 get 1 sale.  Incidently, whenever I want to quit smoking, I'll smoke Lucky's filterless.  The kick makes me woozy, and the harshness makes me stop smoking.... at least for 6 months, then I start up again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Used to smoke Camel lights, and I smoked cloves for a little bit.

Seriously though, don't pick it up.  The worst habit ever to try and drop.  I started out as "just one after work" and it escalated.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Cigars for me as well. Handmade premium ones. Taste better than any cigarette and don't ruin your lungs (no inhaling). Very good for after dinner unwinding with a finger or 2 of a good single malt scotch.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about you guys?

Contrary to anti smoking propaganda. Not everyone that smokes is a pack or 2 pack a day addict that wants to quit and cant.

I usually only smoke a couple after dinner or with a coffee in the mornings. Sometimes going days or weeks without smoking at all.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Cigars for me as well. Handmade premium ones. Taste better than any cigarette and don't ruin your lungs (no inhaling). Very good for after dinner unwinding with a finger or 2 of a good single malt scotch.

I like cigars too but there is no law that says cigarettes must be inhaled either.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Marlboros & Camel filters and I smoke Cubano Cohibas in Mexico and overseas.

It is nice occasionally.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about you guys?

Contrary to anti smoking propaganda. Not everyone that smokes is a pack or 2 pack a day addict that wants to quit and cant.

I usually only smoke a couple after dinner or with a coffee in the mornings. Sometimes going days or weeks without smoking at all.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'll smoke a few cigarettes with out with the boys in the evening, but other than that, I go days or weeks without smoking at all.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Cohiba, Romeo & Julietta, Partagas, Don Jose (Camaroon wrapper), Padron

These are my smokes, less habit forming, much more satisfying!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about you guys?

Some people use cocaine on a strictly recreational basis, too. I guess those exceptions invalidate the rule, too, huh?

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like cigars too but there is no law that says cigarettes must be inhaled either.

True. I imagine some people might inhale cigar smoke too

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about you guys?

Some people use cocaine on a strictly recreational basis, too. I guess those exceptions invalidate the rule, too, huh?

Guess so.  It is naive to say there is a "rule" when it comes to addiction; not everyone who tries anything gets addicted.  That applies to coke, heroin, crack, and everything else.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about you guys?

I guess it depends on where you draw the line on something being a dangerous drug. Nicotine while being addictive is not a super dangerous drug to your health. Cocaine is.

So you don’t drink coffee or soda pop? They contain caffeine. It’s a drug.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about you guys?

I guess it depends on where you draw the line on something being a dangerous drug. Nicotine while being addictive is not a super dangerous drug to your health. Cocaine is.

if you MUST know, I smoked for 11 years. Quit last summer.

And, no, I don't drink coffee or sodas.

Nothing but milk, fruit juice, and water.

What was your point?

Did you have one, or are you just another one of the idiotic tobacco-has-vitamin-c-in-it-dontcha-know crowd?

Smoke all you want. Tell me you're not addicted. Die of cancer. See if i care....

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#26]

As for the original question.

I been smoking those new shorter marlboros. Its buy 1 get one free around here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about you guys?

What was your point?

Did you have one, or are you just another one of the idiotic tobacco-has-vitamin-c-in-it-dontcha-know crowd?

Smoke all you want. Tell me you're not addicted. Die of cancer. See if i care....

My point was that comparing cigarettes to cocaine use was not a very logical comparison.

I think I proved that point.

So now you have resorted to name calling and telling me you don’t care if I die.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#28]
He asked what'cha smoke, not if ya do, sheese!

There's only one delicious tasting cigarette

And for after a fine dinner

moderation good man, moderation
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Cigars for me as well. Handmade premium ones.  Very good for after dinner unwinding with a finger or 2 of a good single malt scotch.

+1  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quit three weeks ago. For the last five years I smoked Skydancer cigaretes. They are made in Ok. by my tribe.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about you guys?

What was your point?

Sounds like someone needs a smoke!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Senecas full flavor $10.50 a carton ,tastes just like a marlboro red
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Nothing. Never have, never will.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Senecas changed their blend some time ago, and is now a decent smoke. Prior to that, they were hardly smokable. I know the guys that import Senecas, and they told me the new blend is pretty much a duplicate of Skydancer. BTW, I will be brokering distributor deals for Senecas in Mo. and Ks., and any where else I can.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#36]
cheeba cheeba
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Just da ganja mon!

ETA: I've been smoking cubans since I came back from mexico,

romeo Y julietta, Partagas.

And Marlby Lights.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#39]
I've never smoked in my life.  I equate smoking to sleeping with someone that has AIDS.  You know they have it, but you keep banging them, and sure enough you'll die from it.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Smoked left handed and right handed cigs for 25 years, now I only smoke briskets.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Cowboy Killers...

Two packs of Marlboros a day... Cant live without my smokes...
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#42]
get rid of those damn things while you can. It's a waste of money and good health.

btw I smoke, I curse the day I thought it was cool enough to want to do it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Started out on Kools (cuz they're COOL, get it?)

Switched to Marlboro Lights cuz I coulnd't stand the smell of menthol anymore (and they were easier to get, at the time)

Switched to Camels when they went on sale, and I figured out that I liked them (delicious!)

Switched to Camel Lights after I started hacking up nasty shit on a regu;lar basis smoking a pack of Camels a day. If I buy a pack now, it's Camel Lights. Not as good as Camels, but close enough.

I can't smoke cigars. They just don't do it for me.

I could go for a Camel right about now....stupid New Years Resolutions...

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Started out on Kools (cuz they're COOL, get it?)

Switched to Marlboro Lights cuz I coulnd't stand the smell of menthol anymore (and they were easier to get, at the time)

Switched to Camels when they went on sale, and I figured out that I liked them (delicious!)

Switched to Camel Lights after I started hacking up nasty shit on a regu;lar basis smoking a pack of Camels a day. If I buy a pack now, it's Camel Lights. Not as good as Camels, but close enough.

I can't smoke cigars. They just don't do it for me.

I could go for a Camel right about now....stupid New Years Resolutions...

Ah yes,  Nonfiltered Camels
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#45]
My current favorite is H Upmann Special Selection in Maduro.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#46]
America's Favorite & Original Unfiltered Cigarette (Since 1913) - Camels. I do not pay for filters, I buy tobacco. Filters taste yucky. I quit smoking about 25-30 times a day, though.
I have a grandfather who fought in the European Theatre in WW2 (Italy). He picked up a pack of Camels in 1936 and hasn't dropped them since. He turns 84 this year.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Tires

(not me, but same car)

www.acarshow.com/usk97vet.jpg

+1 you beat me to it!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Quit three weeks ago. For the last five years I smoked Skydancer cigaretes. They are made in Ok. by my tribe.

Kind of off topic but I 'd like to ask anyway.  Is the tobbacco grown in OK? Or is it imported in leaf form?  How does the whole process go?  Does your tribe have the cigarette making/ packaging machinery on site, or is it subcontracted out?  Etc.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Marlboro Red Box
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Smoked marlboros (started with reds, finished with lights) for 12 years.  Hadn't smoked anything in 5 years.  Now I'm smoking onyx reserve robustos, and CAO flavors, Eileen's dream.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top