Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#1]
To MisterPX. As far as I know there is no tobacco grown in Oklahoma for commercial use. There is probably some grown by individual Native Americans for ceremonial use. Most of the tobacco for cigarettes in the U.S. is imported, and comes from all over the world, some places I've never heard of. Our tobacco is imported(Virginia variety) in leaf form and processed by a company in N.C. The tribally owned cigarette factory is located in NE Okla., on federally restricted Indian land, within the borders of what was once the original reservation. The tribe owns their own cigarette makers, packers, and a reclaimer. AFAIK this is one of two cigarette manufacturers that is completely tribally owned, the other being the Omaha tribe of Nebrasksa. Last I heard the Omahas were only making cigarettes for their own stores or stores licensed by their tribe. Many small manufacturers have been adversely effected by their failure to comply(for whatever reason) with the master settlement agreement, or at least comply in a timely manner. This resulted in these various brands becoming contraband in many states, which of course has an adverse effect on sales growth. When a small manufacturer owes $4.05 to $4.20 (MSA) per carton on all past sales in a particular state, over several years, they simply can't afford to pay up in order to stay in business in that state.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  I was always wondering how that worked.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Cigars.  Never inhaled.

Fuente, Torano, JDN, etc.  I mostly prefer maduro or ems wrappers.

A top shelf cigar and a cup of freshly ground/brewed coffe is the shit!

Balming
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey anti-smokers, read this:
www.lcolby.com/

And to the thread author, I smoke Winstons. I love 'em.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to smoke Malboro Menthol Lights.  I stopped for two reasons.  The first was because I found out Afplayboy didn't like it...so I started to quit for him.  The final push over was that I found out my grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer...because of smoking.  And I didn't want to end up like him.  The cancer travelled to his spine and then brain.  Don't get hooked on the habit.  It will escalate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I used to smoke Malboro Menthol Lights.  I stopped for two reasons.  The first was because I found out Afplayboy didn't like it...so I started to quit for him.  The final push over was that I found out my grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer...because of smoking.  And I didn't want to end up like him.  The cancer travelled to his spine and then brain.  Don't get hooked on the habit.  It will escalate.

I know this is probably an emotional issue for you, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. How do you know his cancer was CAUSED by smoking? It's unfortunate that cancer in a smoker is nearly ALWAYS attributed to smoking, without giving it much thought. There is no conclusive evidence that smoking causes cancer.

I'm sorry for your loss, but don't be so quick to think he died because he was a smoker. He may not have.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
No Cigs.

Just a pipe.

Either a good aromatic with heavy vanilla, or straight unadulterated natural tobacco........
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Smoke........ anything i get ahold of........
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know this is probably an emotional issue for you, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway. How do you know his cancer was CAUSED by smoking? It's unfortunate that cancer in a smoker is nearly ALWAYS attributed to smoking, without giving it much thought. There is no conclusive evidence that smoking causes cancer.

I'm sorry for your loss, but don't be so quick to think he died because he was a smoker. He may not have.

I am only stating what the doctors told us when he was diagnosed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
[Tyrone Biggums] Is this the free Crack give away [/Tyrone Biggums]

Justin

noice.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Arturo Fuente Hemingways, Hoyo de Monterrey Excaliburs, Montecristos, Cohibas, Romeo & Julietas.  Cigars only, no cigs or refer....  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Marboro menthal lights. usually only a coupe a day.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell no
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, and it's my belief that they merely assumed his cancer was caused by smoking, and had no conclusive evidence to support it. Why people continue to readily accept these conclusions without questioning their validity continues to amaze me.  

In the end, I suppose it really doesn't matter WHY your grandfather developed cancer. The fact is he got it, and that's that. What DOES matter is whether or not you make choices in your own life based on faulty information. If your ONLY reason for not smoking is that you are convinced you will die of cancer, I can tell you that you need not worry about that. As sure as I'm sitting here, I'm telling you that smoking and cancer have not been conclusively linked. I know it's VERY popular opinion that the two are linked, but I'm not buying it. I can't prove that it DOESN'T cause cancer, that would be logically impossible. I can say however, that "proof" given to me so far hasn't been nearly convincing enough.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, and it's my belief that they merely assumed his cancer was caused by smoking, and had no conclusive evidence to support it. Why people continue to readily accept these conclusions without questioning their validity continues to amaze me.  

In the end, I suppose it really doesn't matter WHY your grandfather developed cancer. The fact is he got it, and that's that. What DOES matter is whether or not you make choices in your own life based on faulty information. If your ONLY reason for not smoking is that you are convinced you will die of cancer, I can tell you that you need not worry about that. As sure as I'm sitting here, I'm telling you that smoking and cancer have not been conclusively linked. I know it's VERY popular opinion that the two are linked, but I'm not buying it. I can't prove that it DOESN'T cause cancer, that would be logically impossible. I can say however, that "proof" given to me so far hasn't been nearly convincing enough.

As I said in my original post, I started to quit when I found out that Afplayboy didn't like smoking.  I didn't want to smoke around him because of that and because we were always around each other, I started to quit.  When I heard about my grandfather, I didn't want to risk it.  Sorry for making an assumption, but that assumption could lessen my risk of developing cancer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As I said in my original post, I started to quit when I found out that Afplayboy didn't like smoking.  I didn't want to smoke around him because of that and because we were always around each other, I started to quit.  When I heard about my grandfather, I didn't want to risk it.  Sorry for making an assumption, but that assumption could lessen my risk of developing cancer.

That's pretty cool that you changed a rather addictive habit for your boyfriend. Nothing wrong with that! He sounds like a lucky guy!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I used to smoke lots of pot back when I .......oh, wait...what was I talking about???? I'm gonna go make myself a sammich!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty cool that you changed a rather addictive habit for your boyfriend. Nothing wrong with that! He sounds like a lucky guy!

Actually, I think I'm the lucky one.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#20]
nothing

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#21]

j/k

I don't smoke ANYTHING...well, O.K., maybe a Marlboro Light once in a while when I'm stressed out...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Hoyo Sumatra, Macanudo Maduro, Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Okay, PLEASE keep in mind, on a BAD year, I maybe smoke the equivalent of 2 packs a year.

So far THIS year I've smoked about 2 of these:

And will probably smoke a couple of these:

And if my friend Charlie goes back to Cuba anytime soon these:

Then if I get to wanting a cigarette... these... though it would be a MIRACLE (not the good kind) if I smoked more than 1/2 of the pack before tossing them.

In a box. IF they are fresh. (yeah, I learned how to "read" the labels back in ... well, the mid 80's).
Been smoking about a pack to 2 packs (equivalent) a year since then... probably a year or 3 in there when I didn't smaoke anything. But when I DO - one of the above. ON RARE occasion (mostly just when I attend ceremonies) I smoke a bit of the pipe. Usually :

or

Sometimes some other sweet tobacco blend. But Catamount and Kinni-Kinnick are my preferences.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Stop it or you will be addicted.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I smoke a salmon now and then...

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Stop it or you will be addicted.

Only if you are weak-willed. (IMHO)

And, IMO, weak-willed people should never BEGIN.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top