Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2001 4:14:25 PM EDT
I see many threads saying how the NRA has "turned on us", and how AW owners are being left behind.  Many members here have openly declared their opposition against the NRA, and some say they will not renew.  

I think this is a mistake.  When you pay close attention to the major media sources, many articles are seen that seem to outrage some of us, and fuel these "anti-Chuck" opinions.  I too find it frustrating at times, but find renewed spirits when I visit [url]www.nraila.org[/url].

When you read through the research materials given there, a different NRA is seen.  Look up the research articles on NFAs, handguns, AWs, and private transfers.  The NRA here displays an almost flawless base.  They show support for Machine guns, AWs, and the citizens' right to buy and sell guns as they see fit.

So an interesting double standard is displayed.  One could assume that the NRA is just playing to the liberals to make them happy; or playing to the snooty, perazzi-shooting crowd.  I don't know.  Check it out.

[url]www.nraila.org[/url]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Who needs the media?  I just watched as they turned on us in North Carolina and went ahead and supported gun show regulations in the NC State Senate Committee.  The NRA is not reliable at all!
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Who needs the media?  I just watched as they turned on us in North Carolina and went ahead and supported gun show regulations in the NC State Senate Committee.  The NRA is not reliable at all!
View Quote

....The [i]other[/i] possibility is that they're just trying to make [b]us[/b] happy....

Either way it sucks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The problem is the NRA is not concentrating on the 2nd ammendment. The gun safety programs and the like are important but.....if they don't adopt a no compromise stance, there won't be a 2nd ammendment. No 2nd ammendment, no need for gun safety programs. I am a life member, but I feel my donation money is better spent supporting "no compromise" organizations such as, 2nd ammandment foundation,JPFO,GOA, etc. They need to pull thier heads out of thier asses and realize that with each passing of "reasonable" or "sensable" gun laws comes another load of more restrictions on law abiding citizens. We don't need to "enforce existing gun laws" ether, since most of them are unconstitutional.ie NFA 1934,GCA 1968,MG ban 1986(ostensably the firearms owners protection act save for that cocksucker Hughes),the AW ban 1989, and the Brady law. Repeal this load of crap and go after the real criminals with a vengance(how about one strike and your out!!). We have little use for anyone who is suppose to represent us making a deal with the devil. [sniper]

"Fear the government who fears armed citizens"
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 5:49:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Actions speak louder than words when it comes to the NRA. No matter what they have "written down" they continually faulter in their convictions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top