Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2005 9:59:33 AM EDT
This morning I had EK eye surgry on both eyes. It was damn uncomfortable, but worth it.

I was hoping to get it done before my unit deployed again, and I got my wish at the last min.
I'm on valuim, percocete, and some crap I never heard of, so the pains not too bad. I did have a -6.5 perscription(whatever that means)

No more sand in my contacts, no more glasses fogging up under my goggles. I can already pick up the sights on my .45, somthing I could never have dreamed of without glasses before.

It also gives me an excuse to wear my wiley-xs at the computer. I gotta go take some more pain killers now.
Wish me luck on the recovery.

30CAL
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
good deal.  I'm hoping for my eyes to stabilize enough to get lasik done before too long
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Good Luck, Hope it works out for you and is worth the discomfort.

And Thanks for your service to our country.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully Ft. Campbell will do this surgery for me for free when I get home.  If not, I'm hittin up a lasik place ASAP.  Sandbox + glasses = SUCKS
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Tallbill,
When you get ready to do it, they'll explain why lasik is bad. Go for LASEK (EK) or PRK, depending on your eyes. Much less chance of an eye injury later.
I'm airborne with hopes for SF, so LASIK is a no go for me. I'll explain more if you want but right now I can't look at the screen for too long at a time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#5]
posted by: NH_AR_Shooter:

And Thanks for your service to our country

Thank you for saying so, and beleve me when I say that it truly is my pleasure.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck...and when you get deployed, God Bless
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Give us all the details, been thining about it for a while.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats!

I want to get my eyes done.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

And Thanks for your service to our country.  

A big +1  Patty
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank god for anti-pain drops

Dont worry in about 4-10 days life will look totaly different

FREE
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I had mine done about 3 years ago.  Went for 20/400 and astigmatic to 20/10.  I feel like Steve Austin!  Here's to a quick recovery and thanks for what you're doing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#12]
ok, day 2 update.
THIS SHIT SUCKS!
Its pain ful. I hate pain killers but I'm eating them like candy. had to go get a  check up  and the doc said I'm at 20/20 already.
I'll keep ya posted.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#13]
eye thought about doing it too, but eye dont think eye could bear my eyes burning
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#14]
What did they use on your eyes? the microkeratone? I had my eyes done two weeks ago monday. Not the slightest bit of burning or discomfot. I guess it's different for everyone.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#15]
1)thanks for your service
2)suck it up  (JK) hope the pain passes fairly quickly
3) does uncle sugar pay for this? good deal if he does,glad to see my tax dollars doing some good (other than building golf courses for officers)
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Motherfucker I want this surgery so damn bad!  

I can't see shit!

Keep up the good work 30cal.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#17]
hope it goes well., and you have a quick recovery
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I aint takin pain killers today. I'm tired of drooling on my comforter. It's not so bad today.

What did they use on your eyes? the microkeratone? I had my eyes done two weeks ago monday. Not the slightest bit of burning or discomfot. I guess it's different for everyone.

I had EK, which is when they grind the surface of the eye off after soaking it with alcohol. then the do the laser thing gor 40 seconds or so. Lasik wont do for people who jump and SF wont take people who've had the lasik. I'm Airborne with plans for SF in the future.

1)thanks for your service
2)suck it up (JK) hope the pain passes fairly quickly
3) does uncle sugar pay for this? good deal if he does,glad to see my tax dollars doing some good (other than building golf courses for officers)

The army pays for it. combat arms has priority.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#19]
If you had it today, you should not be messing with a computer. That's the first thing my doc told me after Don't Scratch!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#20]
trust me when the healing process is over you 'll be grateful.  Had it done 6 years ago and forgot I even wore glasses in the past!  Hang in there and all the best.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I had PRK a few years ago up at Bethesda.  The 3-4 days immediately following it were among the most miserable experiences I've ever had...and I've had some shitty ones.  Thank God for Percoset!  I'm impressed you could stand to look at the computer screen the same day, as it was all I could do to wonder across the street from the clinic back into the BEQ and into bed.  I tried watching TV and using the computer, but both gave me a raging headache.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#22]

I had PRK a few years ago up at Bethesda. The 3-4 days immediately following it were among the most miserable experiences I've ever had...and I've had some shitty ones. Thank God for Percoset! I'm impressed you could stand to look at the computer screen the same day, as it was all I could do to wonder across the street from the clinic back into the BEQ and into bed. I tried watching TV and using the computer, but both gave me a raging headache.

Trust me I'm still not doing it for very long, but in those first few days I only took my shades off to shower in the dark.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top