Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2001 2:36:42 PM EDT
Dude, I am constantly seeing bandwidth wasted on crap.
So, here in this thread, I will try to accomplish something.

Wolf ammo is steel cased. It will damage the extractor and chamber of your guns over time.
But the $$$ you save by buying is enough to buy another barrel and extractor.

BTT means "Back to the Top"--When a thread gets buried, and someone wants to revive it, they type "BTT" to signify "Bact to the top" so more people can see it.

"WTSHTF", make sure to have food and ammo.

Now, hopefully I have cleared up some free space to maybe suggest something worth while.

I am so sick and tired of seeing the terms "High Capacity Magazine", "Assault Weapon", and "Gun Show Loophole", I would like rip my hair out.
The anti's coined all those terms to demonize the things they wanted to outlaw, because it is a lot easier to get public support for banning a weapon meant to "assault" something, then it is to ban a "repeating rifle".
High Capacity magazine??
Is 17 rounds in a Glock really High capacity?
Because if you think so, you and Bill Clinton agree on the Brady Bill.
Is being able to sell your guns at a show really a fucking "loophole"????????
[b]NO GOD DAMMIT![/b]
It's how free America has been doing it for all these years that we have been leading the rest of the world.
To see supposedly "media savvy" gun owners use these terms, it makes me sick.

Ok ok ok ok. I realize there is a certian verboten-sweetness saying "high capacity magazine" or "assault weapon"...It sounds mean, and dark, and that is very the reason a lot of you bought AR's in the first place.
But all you are doing by allowing such ignorance to permiate the public opinion about out guns is giving Chuch Schumer and Dianne Fienstien exactly what they want.
So let's try to call out mags 20 or 30 rounders...Or maybe "Pre-Ban"---Not "High Capacity"
Call your AR a Semi-Auto, or maybe a "Sport Utillity Rifle (That one always cracks me up)--Not an assault weapon.

It males no sense for us as gun owners to devolve even further in the gun-control argumentby using the terms of our enemies.

I'm done.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Give me money.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
when i say "assault rifle", i am refering to a select-fire intermediate cartridge weapon.

other wise "sport utility rifle" is both pithy and apt. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
much like comparing a hmmvw to a toyota 4-runner. -dude!
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent post, Sir.

If I may make a few suggestions for additions:

The '94 Assault Weapon Ban will NOT sunset in 2004. It will cost as much or more for pre-ban shit then as it does now...

It is ILLEGAL for you to install, have installed, or manufacture ANY M-16 part in / for your lower receiver, without the necessary paperwork. This includes bolt carriers, lightning links and drop-in auto sears...

Colt, Armalite and Bushmaster are the best AR's to get...

Ford is better than Chevy...

Yes, $800 is a good price for a Colt SP-1...

I'll think of a few more and post them soon. Maybe this could lead to the forming of an "FAQ" thread to be pinned to the top.

Happy (repetitive) hunting,
havoc

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
McUZI whining about wasted bandwidth.

BWA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that is not the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black, then I do not know what possibly could be.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
[blue]I can though. edited cause I hate scrolling back and forth to read an entire thread[/blue][:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Strange as it feels – I agree with McUZI.   If we allow those who wish to erode our basic human rights to dictate the language of the debate, we are seriously handicapped.   The language will define the conversation.

“High capacity magazine” is a relative term.   It implies a greater capacity than the norm or median.   For my 1911A1 ten rounds IS high capacity.   For my AR-15 ten rounds is NOT.   I would suggest that STANDARD CAPACITY is the proper term that we should use.

“Sport Utility Rifle” is more accurate as pbrstreetgang says.    Another term I have heard that will make the antis unhappy is “Weapon of Military Utility”.

“Gun Show Loophole” can be replaced with “Private Sale”.

If we allow “THEM” to control the language, we will probably lose.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#7]
"Sport Utility Rifle" is probably one of the stupidest terms I have heard yet. If you guys are so worried about offending the fence sitters and outright antis, why don't you just spray your "Sport Utility Rifles" with some hot pink Krylon, put a daisy down the barrel, and call it a vase?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
McUZI whining about wasted bandwidth.

BWA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that is not the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black, then I do not know what possibly could be.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
View Quote

Do you think you could edit a few letters out of your idiotic post?
It's fucking up the frame...

BTW-- Not worried about the fence sitters??
You must've been the reeeeeeeeeal stupid looking one in the pic.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's fucking up the frame...
View Quote

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh! You messed up my frame! I'm gonna tell a moderator! Wahhhhhhhhhh!

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
[:O]
RATS!!!Does this mean  no more
bull [img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/turd.gif[/img]ing about AWs??
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah, wouldn't "sport utility rifle" be considered sugar coating? and wouldn't using that term around anti's be furthering THEIR cause???

"thank you for holding on to my AMERICAN made ASSAULT WEAPON!"
-Rhea Perlman, Canadian Bacon
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone want to bet that they don't limit their discussions to selective fire weapons in McUZI's "Assault Weapons" forum?

I'd go check it out myself, but then I would have to purge and sterilize my hard drive. No thanks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh! You messed up my frame! I'm gonna tell a moderator! Wahhhhhhhhhh!

View Quote

Concentration camp for everyone with an IQ of less then 130
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Weasel....That's gettin changed to
"AK's, AR's and other mean guns like that"
I forgot about that.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Concentration camp for everyone with an IQ of less then 130
View Quote

Good thing I'm well above that threshhold. If there is any justice in the world, your bunkmate in the camp will be a large black man.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Weasel....That's gettin changed to
"AK's, AR's and other mean guns like that"
I forgot about that.
View Quote

Yeah, probably just purely coincidental that such change occurs only after having been caught in your blatant hypocrisy, right?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#17]
We all know that
they are really
"semi auto machine guns that
use high capacity ammunitions."
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Or if you are an anti
with a limited
amount of memory, AK-47 will suffice.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess the point i'm making about it is i'll lead, and take the term "Assault Weapons" down from my site.
We really need to purge this shit from out vocabulary

(Weasel--What animation program did you start using?? )
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"Sport Utility Rifle" is probably one of the stupidest terms I have heard yet. If you guys are so worried about offending the fence sitters and outright antis, why don't you just spray your "Sport Utility Rifles" with some hot pink Krylon, put a daisy down the barrel, and call it a vase?
View Quote

on the contrary, i LOVE the thoroughly baffled looks i get when i say it. then i get to explain.
whomever came up with that term is a genius, imho. the term PERFECTLY describes the reasons for posessing such a weapon. opens the subject for all kinds of comparison, in a context that only the most bone-headed can fail to follow.

if you prefer semi-auto or repeater or autoloader, self loader, etc, etc,- use 'em

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
yeah, wouldn't "sport utility rifle" be considered sugar coating? and wouldn't using that term around anti's be furthering THEIR cause???

"thank you for holding on to my AMERICAN made ASSAULT WEAPON!"
-Rhea Perlman, Canadian Bacon
View Quote

dude, have you no sense of sarcasm? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#22]
But whatever they are called,
it is important to remember that they all
somehow
fire the most powerful rounds,
at higher velocities, out of shorter barrels.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Actually, I prefer the terms "full capacity" or "regular capacity" for my mags and the bullshit, 10rnd. limited postban ones I just call "junk" "garbage" "crap" "fucking PC bullshit" or "Chuck Schumer specials"

I'm sure some of you can think up a few other funny names for them as well.  No offense to you 1911 or compact fans out there...
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By garden weasel:
But whatever they are called,
it is important to remember that they all
somehow
fire the most powerful rounds,
at higher velocities, out of shorter barrels.
View Quote

dude, hi-powered!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:43:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Well said, McUZI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top