Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2001 6:09:40 AM EDT
Yesterday was great.I hung out at Shoot Straight (kick ass range/store in Central Florida) and I fired a friend's new
15 thousand dollar Mp5A5,with dot scope,and a really expensive R.I.S. with foregrip on the front handguard.Never seen anything like it,badass!! I fired off a mag,with 3 round burst,and then switched it to full auto.The gun has ZERO kick to it,but the muzzle definately goes wacky when going full.I also held an M60,a calico,benelli M9,Mac11,and Cobray.They were all class 3 except for the benelli.Last time I fired a full-auto Bushy M4,and that was loud,and fun.I'm afraid that if I had one,I would end up going poor due to ammo costs,because 30 rounds dissapears before you know it.On another note,I got great groupings at 25yrds with my 16' M4gery.Very happy with it.
Besides the Mp5 guys,I also met some great guys with a beretta M9,and a glock 30 (I think,it fired .45) the M9 was suprisingly loud,I did not expect a 9mm to be so loud,especially after hearing the small noise the mp5 made a minute earlier.The glock 30 was tiny,but it was a cannon.I really did not expect it to have such a kick.They loved my AR,especially when they saw it loaded up with twin 30s,stuck together with mag-clamps.Looked bad-ass.Hope to do it again next Saturday!! nothing's cooler then cool people you meet at the range,who let ya try their toys.I've also noticed,that my AR appeared to normally be the loudest piece on the range,because I would occasionally see other shooters behind me,checking it out.They were impressed at the very tight groups I was getting (I was using a blanket and I was sitting down though) most people don't expect a military carbine with hi-caps to have that sorta awesome accuracy.I was outshooting a guy who a big 303 (I believe I heard him so so)
who could barely put it on paper.
Love my M4:)
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:21:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you had a good time.

But who would pay $15K for an MP-5? Even push-pin (rare) MP-5's are going for about $12, and they are considered collectors, not shooters.

Heck, my dealer has an MP-5SD for only $10K. Only????

For $15K, you could have the MP5SD and almost have enough left over for an factory Colt M16 (Brian Prichard has M16 marked factory model 614's for sale for $5,800).

The RIS you mentioned costs about $300 and a top-line red-dot about $350.

Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#2]
yes,the 15 thousand figure is the gun and it's acessories.It looked freaking cool!
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I was able to shoot with some guys from the NC Task shooters and they own a wide range of class 3 stuff.

I was able to shoot:

a fully auto and suppressed .22 rifle (talk about wild, all you heard was a click)

a suppressed Beretta 92F

a couple of Uzis in different configs (including one that reminded me of the old thompson MG, because of the wood stock, etc)

an M60 (way cool and a lot less recoil than I expected and I fired it from the shoulder)

slow fire converted M11 with a really nice scope (participated in the shoot with this and placed 7th, not too bad for someone who never shot Class 3 prior to that day, IMNSHO)

An HK, I forget the model #, it was a beauty though.

A friend took a couple of pics, you can see them here: (just the M11, didn't get pics of anything else)

http://www.geocities.com/zx2dragon/pics_of_me.htm
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah,suppressed .22s are incredibly quiet.I fired a suppressed Ruger .22 ,which I think is the same thing that Special FOrces use sometimes.The sound of the round hitting the backstop was louder then the gun.
I was told the wear is very minimal on the suppressor,since it's only a .22
cool huh?
assassin time:)
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#5]
When I was at the "manufacturers sale" at my local gunstore, they were letting people test fire the guns.  I got to fire a HK MK23, I put 100 rounds through it.  I about creamed my pants.  To top it all off, a SWAT team was there showing their weaponry off, and one of which was an MP5A4 with safe semi burst auto, KAC rail system, and an aimpoint COMP ML.  I did not get to fire it, but he took me behind the booth and said if you can tell me what kind of gun this is I will let you hold it.  So I told him "Its a Heckler and Koch MP5A4 with an 0-1-3-4 trigger group, Knights armament RAS with vertical foregrip and an AIMPOINT COMP ML complete with Night Vision settings"  and he relied "jesus christ kid, are you gonna take my damn job?"  as he handed me the MP5.

God I love it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
you only got to hold it?:)
the burst on the Mp5a5 I fired was fast.I mean,it seemed like one shot.I've held an Mk23,but never fired it.It's a pretty big pistol.Supposedly very accurate though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Problem is NFA stuff is ADDICTING.

Once you get that MAC, you say "I need an M-16", then it's a belt fed, then a mini-gun.  

$15,000 is about $3-4,000 too high for ANY MP-5 (regardless of the accessories).  The only exception would be if he had one of the few Real Factory Pre-1968 MP-5's in the country (then it would probably be into the $20k range, and he would NOT be shooting it).  

Pushpins are not necessarily collectors guns--I just paid off a Billistics Pushpin HK 33 and will have it converted to an HK 53 (I'll add the Collapsable stock and 4 position lower later--they will run about $800 on top of the $500 to chop the gun to the shorter length).

I have an FNC (sear gun) and a MAC 10/.45 in transfer.  (Actually, my brother has them for me until I finish school and can move to a free state).   I have another FNC in semi- that I will get converted ($2000 with the 3 rd. burst) eventually, and will probably pick up a Vector UZI ($3000) as soon as I get enough funds together.  It is a terribly expensive hobby!!

HK 53:
[img]http://www.hkpro.com/image/HK53A3left.jpg[/img]

FNC (in semi- form--the full auto is identical, except for the 3 F additional markings on the selector):
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1157297&a=11109695&p=44316141&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]I know what you mean. I have these two:[/b]

Colt M4 Commando (factory Colt M16-A1 lower, factory Colt M4 Commando upper, Gemtech M4-96D suppressor, Trijicon Reflex II):
[url]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=258760&a=7202094&p=36020313[/url]

22LR SBR (SGW-OLY pre-ban lower with Jewell trigger, Accuracy Speaks upper with Ciener 22LR conversion, Gemtech Hornet suppressor, Trijicon ACOG TA50-4):
[url]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=258760&a=12559875&p=46389208[/url]
Upper works in full-auto on factory Colt M16-A1 lower, too.

[b]And, I'm waiting for the Form 4's to clear on this:[/b]

Colt Suppressed 9MM SMG (EA-Wilson RR lower with Cross-Fire mag-block, Gemtech Talon-SD suppressed 9MM upper, Trijicon Reflex II, Knights RIS/sling-swivel adapter/vertical pistol-grip)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top