Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2001 12:55:16 PM EDT
well found another rifle in a yard sale this mourning and bought it and need a little help in finding some parts or if anyone can tell me where to go look for them.

the rifle is a very nice reparked u.s. model 1917 enfield eddystone with everything there original except that the stock has been sporterized in the front.
so I need a stock with everything other than the rear butt plate and rear sling swivel.
I look in my old blue book and the prices start at $250 and go up but being reparked what does this do to it. I looked at one sight and a gun smith was selling reconditioned ones for $675 that were reparked. the barrel is marked 5-18 and is very nice. so what do you think and is it a good rifle and where do I find a stock as over 2 million of them were made it should not be to bad to find. thanks jon
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Also try Springfield Sporters----724-254-2626
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Takin' advantage of the old "yard sale loophole" huh!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#4]
thank you and after your post I tried gun parts.com and they were out of the stock sets unless I mix-matched walnut and birch. will give the springfield sporter guys a call next week. any more help would be great. was looking at the trigger and dry fired it and its seems pretty nice and light and the trigger is groved and not flat is this original? thanks jon
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep the grooved trigger is factory. You will also see smooth triggers. I have 9 Eddystones in right now and 6 have grooved triggers.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys are fools...don't you understand that this board is a really brought to you by Sarah Brady and HCI!  Now they know about yard sales. Oh my we will have a yard sale ban now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#8]
mk: its about the 7th or maybe even the 8th one I've bought this year that way. bought a model 29 and a interarms 270 and sold them the next day.
think I would like to keep this one and put the  stock back to how its supposed to look. got in the habit of asking at the yard sales if they have any hunting or military stuff when I see a little out there.
this guy had two ok condition soft gun cases out and I ask if he had anything else for sale and he said that he had a rifle and two shotguns.
bought the model 1917 enfield for $30 and passed up the shotguns for the same price. one was a older single shot break open 20ga. stevens with a broke stock and the other was a bolt mossberg. both had been used alot and I do not need anymore wall guns so I passed. I see on a average of 1 gun a day if you break it down.
living in colorado sure as heck beats ca. as far as buying guns at yard sales. I've seen more this year alone than the last 20 years like that in ca.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for the info on the triggers. mildly suprised at how crisp the pull on the trigger is.
yelp someday soon they will try to ban this type of sells also just like that darn gun show loop hole one that went into effect here earlier this year.
after I get the stock taken care of I guess I should get me some stipper clips for it and put it away. 30-06 is a great round and thats also the cal. I hunt with so that works out well. thanks again for the info jon  
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
You also might try Sarco at sarcoinc.com.  I’ve never dealt with them but they have a lot of old parts.

A refinished gun typically has a lower value than one with the original finish.  If I recall correctly, Sgt. York used one of these, not a Springfield like in the Gary Cooper movie, to shoot all those German soldiers in WWI.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top