Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2005 4:45:23 PM EDT
Call for tougher gun laws in nation of 2m guns  

12 January 2005

BRUSSELS – Belgium’s social-liberal Spirit party has called for a total ban on the private use of firearms after new figures shows that 2 million guns are in circulation in the country.

The figure, published Wednesday, means that theoretically one in every five Belgian residents owns a gun, although only 669,273 guns are registered in the central registry.

For her part, Deputy Prime Minister and Justice Minister Laurette Onkelinx is expected to support a strengthening of federal gun control laws in the near future.

I bet the Germans are loving this.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
After they (try) to gather em all up, even france could take them. Maybe.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I say we hit the reset button.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
So most guns in Belgium are illegal and they think more laws will solve this with an open and free flowing EU?

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I supposed they didn't learn the first two times the Germans tried to turn them into a German suburb.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm... isn't Brussels the headquarters of the E.U.?

Coincidence?  You be the judge.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I say we hit the reset button.

I'm not sure what this means, but it made me smile...

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hmmm... isn't Brussels the headquarters of the E.U.?

Coincidence?  You be the judge.  

It's NATO headquarters....not sure about EU.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Call for tougher gun laws in nation of 2m guns  

12 January 2005

BRUSSELS – Belgium’s social-liberal Spirit party has called for a total ban on the private use of firearms after new figures shows that 2 million guns are in circulation in the country.

The figure, published Wednesday, means that theoretically one in every five Belgian residents owns a gun, although only 669,273 guns are registered in the central registry.

For her part, Deputy Prime Minister and Justice Minister Laurette Onkelinx is expected to support a strengthening of federal gun control laws in the near future.

I bet the Germans are loving this.

Wait... Um... So they haven't been used in crime? They just THINK there are that many out there? Sign me up for where they were taught logic I'd love to learn how the other half lives.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]
So what countries (or states?) in Euro allow private ownership?  A German stationed here said he might be able to keep his skeet-n-trap shotgun, but only if kept in a club facility.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The EU is indeed headquartered in Brussels, Belgium.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top