Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 10:13:07 AM EDT
so my friend is posting on another board and looks over and tells me "ya know....this guy is silly" then reads me what said person has posted ...."if you care to take a look at the crime in America, just take a look at Bowling for Columbine...."  my buddy then replies "so in saying that....if i wanted some insight on Brits, I'd watch The Full Monty and come to the conclusion that all Brits run around dressed like fags w/ their peckers hangin out"  i found this amusing.

Crime in America is just like crime anywhere else.....no worse, no less for the most part.  our punishments may differ...but hell....when i was in Kuwait, there was a guy arrested for drug trafficing...of course...he didnt sit in jail and cost tax payers money...he was beheaded in the town square.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Who the heck actually trusts Michael "fat lying bastard" Moore?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]
well...exactly my point.....some....less educated people...actually buy into the whole "documentary" crap of Moore's movies.  they are no more documentaries than that movie "Kidz" or whatever it was called about the inner-city kids
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
hahaha... true!

Bowling for Columbine is as much a documentary as The Full Monty is....  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately, it is a fact that the rates of gun homocide are FAR higher in the U.S. than in any other western, industrialized country.  The most recent statistic I saw is that per capita, it's about 30 times higher in the U.S. than in Britain - and Britiain has a pretty high crime rate. (Those number might be a little off, because this was two or three years ago, IIRC - but you get the point).

However, the flip side of that the AVERAGE level of gun crime in the U.S. doesn't really affect me - since my impression is that a lot of it is concentrated in urban, high-crime areas.  In the part of town where I live, for example, many of my neighbors don't lock their front doors or their cars.   Across the river in East St. Louis, however, you may get shot at just for driving into the wrong part of town

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

He says what they like to hear, so he must be right.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's hope that fucker never tries to run for office !!  

Lying and telling people what they want to hear seems to be par for the course for some successful politicians!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's hope that fucker never tries to run for office !!  

Lying and telling people what they want to hear seems to be par for the course for some successful politicians!  

That is something you do not see often  - ‘run’ and ‘Michael Moore’
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top