Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 3:55:36 PM EDT
I was doing some research on a M1A type rifles and was wondering if there is a company that produces one with the "to Hell and Back" durability of the old M1's.   The ones produced by Springfield have cast receivers instead the forged ones as were in the war proven models.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
LRB

Fulton Armory

If you really want the BEST M1A... these two are your top choices.

I have a Springfield... an older one with all USGI parts.  I'm positive it will be more than adequate for any hell I can put it through.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Ted Brown/The Shooter's Den of Jacksonville, Oregon.

I've got a M1A that he built. It's all USGI parts on a SA, Inc. receiver. I've had ***ZERO*** FTF/FTE's with it ant it'll shoot MOA or better with Federal Gold Medal 168gr. Match ammo.

Best rifle I've ever owned. Period.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
sgtstinger:  Did Ted Brown do this as a NM job (unitized, bedded, etc), or was this just well fitted?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top