Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just have a little help from my bitches to control my Class III firearm purchase urges.

CW

I KNEW IT! FEINSTEIN IS INTO S&M!!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
put away a few hundred a month, adds up quick.

I make a few hundred a month. What do I put away, $50?

Learn to bump fire.

Bump fire : masturbation:: Transferable MG : Sex

Sometimes, you just need the real thing.

Well atleast one you can go do anytime and dont have to wait.

But Sturmwehr: if your ever in Augusta area let me know, bring ammo and I'll let you fire my Uzi.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
put away a few hundred a month, adds up quick.

I make a few hundred a month. What do I put away, $50?

Learn to bump fire.

Bump fire : masturbation:: Transferable MG : Sex

Sometimes, you just need the real thing.

Well atleast one you can go do anytime and dont have to wait.

But Sturmwehr: if your ever in Augusta area let me know, bring ammo and I'll let you fire my Uzi.

You have a transferable?!

...How the fuck did you afford it?!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You have a transferable?!

...How the fuck did you afford it?!

All in what you care about, Im very skilled and making money in strange ways and saving alot.

Ever in the area just bring 9mm and 45 ammo..

I got the cash sitting around to get an FA FNC or a possibly a M16, but I havent done it yet, maybe after I find work again.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just have a little help from my bitches to control my Class III firearm purchase urges.

www.overpressure.com/pelosi.jpg

CW

Maybe, but the pic is of Nancy Pelosi.

CW
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.overpressure.com/pelosi.jpg

CW

Maybe, but the pic is of Nancy Pelosi.

CW

Damn, they look a lot alike. I really thought that was Feinstein.

They're still seeing each other, though...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Well in my case, I didn't really think I could afford it. Then I took a look at what was coming in vs what was going out and decided there was enough left over. Knowing that I couldn't save fast enough to keep up with rising prices, I took out a signiture loan for the cheapest full auto I could get. A few short months later I ran across a good deal on another gun. This time I liquidated a bunch of guns from the safe, cashed my tax refund check, and borrowed another 2K.

I know there are going to be some out there who will tell me I am an idiot for going in debt but in my eyes it isn't any different than the thousands of people who go into debt every year for toys like motorcycles, boats, RVs, snowmobiles, etc.. Another nice thing is that the guns will appreciate, thus offsetting the interest I pay.

Yeah money is tight right now but I don't regret it for a minute.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#8]
When I bought my M16 last year my wife and I were both working no kids although we were planning on having them soon and almost 100K of income. I found a M16 for the right price, put the whole thing on a CC and started the transfer process. I sold a couple of preban AR15's, a shotgun and a $1000 1911 I never shoot. I also sold off alot of AR15/hunting accesories. When I was done selling a a few things I had 80% of the gun payed for. I had the gun payed off well before it was transferred to me. The best part is that my wife never found out about it. Right after I had finished paying off the gun my wife got pregnant and we decided she wouldn't retun to work this year. I make good money right now, have a couple of cars that are payed off, a mortgage etc. There is no way I could swing another M16/MP5 right now. Maybe a MAC, but that's it.

If you see a window of opportunity go for it. If you are really hurting for $$ after you make your purchase you can always sell the weapon and probably for more than what you payed for it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do what I did; start buying a decade ago.

Bastard!!!!

This is so true...why do you tease us so?

There's a lesson in my statement.  "7" picked up on it in the first page.

Today will be a decade ago soon enough.  If you want something full auto, now is the time to buy because prices are only going up.  We have a saying - you can never pay too much for a MG, you just buy too soon.  The market will catch up to whatever you pay.

As an example, in 1995 I bought several RDIAS's for an average of $1550 each.  My dealer said I was crazy for paying so much, laughed at me and said I'd NEVER be able to sell them for what I paid.  Last April I sold one for over $10,000  - who's laughing now?  Of course in those years I also made some huge mistakes.  I passed up a deal for an MG42 at $4750 years ago.  This year I finally decided I wanted one and paid almost eight times as much.

Macro - I can't agree with Taxman more.  Its all about how you spend your money and where your priorities are.  You don't need to make a 6-figure income to afford some good NFA, but you do need spending discipline and you need to manage your money well.  If you're thinking about a DIAS and want to look at one and try it out, feel free to email me.  I'm often in the Philly area and if you spring for my time at Classic Pistol, I'll bring MGs for you to try.  I've already converted Gus, I think I can make a believer out of you too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Do you know how hard it is to get parts for a De Lorean these days?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've already converted corrupted Gus, I think I can make a believer out of you too.

Fixed it for ya!!!  Shaggy speaks the truth.

BTW Shaggy - any word on a certain private shoot I've heard tell of?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know how hard it is to get parts for a De Lorean these days?

Can't say I do, but you can still do hookers & blow like John DeLorean while driving a Toyota.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've already converted corrupted Gus, I think I can make a believer out of you too.

Fixed it for ya!!!  Shaggy speaks the truth.

BTW Shaggy - any word on a certain private shoot I've heard tell of?

Shoot is dead.  Too much water in the field and it hasn't been cold enough to freeze it solid.  Last time we did it in such wet conditions, it was like a swamp and many cars and even 4WD trucks got stuck.  The farmer who owns the property started hauling them out of the mud with a huge farm tractor until that got stuck too.  He finally had to get something along the lines of a D9 bulldozer to rescue the tractor and the cars/trucks.  Next month is possible - give me a call or IM me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]
First, repealing the NFA or '86 GOA would be political suicide - even thought it would be the right thing to do.

I used to think of my MG's as an investment, but any more, I don't even consider getting rid of them - repeal all of the MG bans - then I can afford some of the high-end stuff.

Right now, though, if you can't save enough to buy a MG out-right, take out a personal/home-equity loan. The MG will appreciate more than any interest rate you are paying. Even though you have no intention of getting rid of it, it makes you feel alot better than making payments on that new car.

As for me, I make enough money to make a mortgage payment, a payment on a $50K automobile, pay the rest of my bills/living-expenses and still have about $12K left at the end of the year for toys. No achors around my neck (wife/kids).

Also, I have a Vector standard/mini UZi and they both run like a sewing-machine in 9MM/45ACP and getting real close to that in 22LR with Winchester High-Velocity. Tough as nails/lots of parts/you can work on it yourself/simple.

I bought a factory Colt M16-A1/HBAR in 2000 for $7,250 (high then) and you can guess what it's worth now.

I bought an EA/RR in 2001 for $5,500 (high then) and traded it 1.5 years ago for NIB mini/standard Vector's.

I sold all of my non-NFA guns/conversions and bought a Beretta BM-59 MG and still had $1K left over.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I could afford an MG if I was willing to sacrifice in some other areas (other shooting activities, family activities etc.), but I choose not to. Sure, I'd like to have an MG for occassional hosing fun, but I suspect the novelty would wear off sooner rather than later. Oh, and its only an investment if you plan to cash out (which I'm sure I would never do).

I may change my mind, but right now I think I'll sit on the fence and see how Stewart pans out... living in AZ, if this ruling is not negated by the SCOTUS, then I should be able to build my own MG for only a few hundred of your American dollars. This seems a bit more likely than repeal of the 86 ban. Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#16]
remember the guy that was looking for 100K linked 7.62 rounds for his mini gun???

LOL what a crazy...and lucky bastard
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#17]
You gotta keep your pimp hand strong, Playa!  Keep da ho's in line and pay'n ON TIME!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I've never seen a full auto gun owner that drove a brand new car.  My car is 5 years old, and even when it was new it only cost me $14k.  My clothes budget is $200/year, if that.  I don't spend money on boats, jet skis, ATVs and other toys that some people have.  I have two categories of spending: daily living expenses, and investments.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
First, repealing the NFA or '86 GOA would be political suicide - even thought it would be the right thing to do.

It would only be so for Senators and Representatives.

However, considering how Congressmen/women know that those that vote for gun control get booted out of office most of the time, I don't think it's political suicide.

It would be putting your career on the chopping block, however, and hoping that the executioner has the same hobby as you.

For instance, the Representative for my district is the honorable Henry Brown. I honestly think that man would rather receive a public lashing than vote against something that infringes ANY freedom. I have voted for him, and will continue to vote for that man until he doesn't run. He is a (gasp!) respectible Congressman that listens to his constituents. I wish more were like him.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top