Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 9:40:42 AM EDT
This is my first time purchasing tickets for international travel online.  Domestic fares seems like they are always remain pretty much the same pricewise, othan than holidays.   I've been having a hard time scoring a decent deal on r/t air for me and the g/f to Italy.  I was wondering what websites you guys use when booking travel online?  Also, what is the best time to purchase?  About a week and a half ago, I came up with r/t air for $303 on British Airways.  Now the cheapest I can get is ~$587.  Is there  a specific time to buy tics online that is cheaper that other times?  Im sure I can get a better deal online than dealing w/  an agent, right? Maybe shop online after midnight?   Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Flight prices, both domestic and int'l, are constantly changing. The price that you see one minute might not be available the next minute. That is just how it works. When you see a good price for the time that you want, buy it right then.  It may be cheaper tomorrow, or the price may double. That is the chance you take.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I travel a lot (about 60 round trips last year) and I use Orbitz for flights.

For rental cars and hotels I use hotwire.

I would avoid travelocity

fares are a crapshoot, esp international. Just buy something that fits your budget and don't look again because it will drive you nuts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top