Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 8:41:20 PM EDT

with the assistance of some AR15.com'ers i found a couple of guys in the 42nd ID who could use my help. the other day i was fitting a Larue gas block that i just bought, and i was thinking "WTF am i doing? -- i'm spending money on a gas block when i what i should be doing is sending stuff to my overseas brothers who are in a lot crappier place than i am..."

incidentally the 42nd ID is the same unit that my father was in a couple of years back when the US had to deal with germany in a not so nice way.

ps: the USPS has a "fixed price" shipping scheme set up for military endpoints; no matter how much the box weighs you pay the same amount -- $7.70 -- and the cardboard box itself is free.

pps: for info on what to send/where to send it, you might want to check out:
www.anysoldier.com/
www.adoptasniper.com/

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No Cigs or Cope?!?!
Good for you!
And if anybody is sending tsunami victims money, you damn well better chip in a care package for our troops as well.
I bet millions of "Americans" are donating to the tsunami releif, and good for them, but they don't give a fuck about our troops. They haven't given one dime.
They just  complain how Bush has made us resort to "Hillbilly armour" and that sort of bullshit.
Pieces of shit I tell you........
Sorry. I got worked up. Care packages to our troops bring about emotions in me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Indeed, me and my buddy  are gonna send a big care package. Also going to set up drives at  Meijers, and local gunstore.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
my contributions go to my local gunstore which sends packages weekly...sometimes in the range of hundreds of pounds...donated by locals.

My donations consist mostly of cases of babywipes. (apparently worth their weight in gold to people who have little access to running water or soap out in the field) and little niceties like chewing gum.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]
+1

Ops
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]

the thing that REALLY gets me going is when i read this kind of stuff from OUR SOLDIERS:

"-- Another shortage comes in weapons cleaning equipment. Like I mentioned, the climate is harsh & a clean weapon is a happy weapon, dirty ones cause weapon malfuntions usually when needed the most & we all know the results of that. Things like: cutips, pipe cleaners, silicone gun cleaning rags, "bore snakes" in .223 caliber & .308 caliber are the best of the best for cleaning the rifle barrel itself. Most of these items are found in any sports type store in the guns & ammo section."

HOW THE FUCK CAN'T THE "US-of-WE-OWN-THE-FUCKING-WORLD-TWICE-OVER-A" SUPPLY BASIC WEAPON CLEANING SUPPLIES TO OUR TROOPS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

my wife was trying to calm me down for 10 minutes after i read that entry.  some grunt with his face in the sand, living on shit MREs, and sleeping wearing his armor has got to BLOG the world back home to get a 5.56mm BORE SNAKE?  who the fuck is in charge here/there?

ok, i'm calmer now.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, we've been known to send a package, or two.

Vaughn
www.adoptasniper.org
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Sent two packages (to same person) last month from a name I got off anysoldierdotcome.  I hope theives didn't get steal the packages.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top