Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 6:10:34 AM EDT
Anyone ever post their resume on Monster.com to be reveiwed by employers seeking employees? Did you get any offers that you liked and accepted? I'm thinking of going this "reverse job searching" route, by having people interested in me make the first move. 20 years in aviation maintenance and I'm thinking about making a career change, so I thought posting my resume and letting employers match my skills to their requirements might be the way to go.

Tell me about your experiences with Monster.com!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:18:13 AM EDT
[#1]
All I've ever gotten from monster in the past was a bunch of headhunter recruiters.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:21:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a great job a few years ago from Monster. I still get calls and interviews, gotta stay sharp
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have gotten a couple of contract work offers on there, but never a fulltime job.  Contract work pays well, but I like to just hang out and know where I am going to be working next year.  I think People do actually look at them though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#4]
You will get a LOT of recruiters and a FEW actual employers....but I have gotten engineering jobs using Monster....and depending on what you are looking for (contract work?) recruiters getting you name will work out just fine.

You have nothing to lose, its free.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I found my job on Monster so I can tell you that looking and applying works.  As far as having my resume posted, all who contacted me were either recruiters or what seemed like scam-type emails (work from home, company needs people...no experience necessary).  

I am an HR professional and when I was looking for a maintenance trainer, I never reviewed resumes posted on the site.  I only reviewed the resumes that were sent to me.  

My best advice to you is: when you find something that you like on Monster or any other site, write a cover letter that explains why you are making the career move and what you have to offer.  Cover letters are just as important as resumes!

Good Luck...T
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I have tried there and I know others who had, none got anything positive, I got hit up for those scam stuff like you find in the newspaper thats it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys. I posted my resume this morning, we'll see what happens.

I've really been bumbed out since loosing my "dream" airline position this past summer, I was really content at that job. I had great pay, benifits, excellent supervisors and co-workers, I could have retired from that job. Oh well, maybe I can snag something using Monster.

Damn airline/aviation industry!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top