Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2001 6:15:13 PM EDT
Hello all! I just bought an Armalite M15A4 Carbine and it is my first .223 rifle.  I need to know what comes next. There seeems to be alot of knowlegde floating around here learned the hard way. I would like to know what accessories if any are absolutly required.  I will abvously have to get a front sight and I am considering a RRA Tac. Carry Handle (it looks badass!).  Is there a preffered mag., ammo, or sling that this enlightened community can recommend? Oh, lastly is this a good rifle? I hope so! I'll get to try it out when I get the preffered sighting system. Thank you very much. Hans
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Hans, I hate to have to tell you this but the rifle you bought is a piece of junk.  Totally worthless.  If you send it to me and pay for the shipping I would do you the favor of taking it off your hands. [;)]

Just kidding of course!  
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Use nothing, and I mean NOTHING but USGI or thermold magazines and you will be happy. The cheap junk is just that.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a cleaning kit with a chamber brush.  Check out the Maintenance and cleaning forums to see how people like to clean their rifles.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get a cleaning kit with a chamber brush.  Check out the Maintenance and cleaning forums to see how people like to clean their rifles.
View Quote

You get one with the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Hans, I would strongly suggest you put a "reddot" type sight on your M15A4C. Then later
on you can get the "flip up" front and rear iron
sights. Get a Galati International gun case.
Never fire your rifle without wearing hearing
protection . It sound like a howitzer when it goes off. Buy a Hoppe's Chamber Cleaning Kit
for rifles Item No. CCK1. Use USGI mags only.
Put 18 rounds in the 20's and 28 rounds in the
30's. Most important of all give your rifle a
name. Always call her by her name and when talking about her with outher people use her name. They really get off on the name thing.
PS, Let her pick her side of the bed. They really get off on that to.[smoke]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]
HANS, I forgot to mention the Jewel trigger.
Get that girl a new trigger.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Get a good set of iron sights, a cheap sling, a few quality magazines, and lots of ammo.  Thta is really al you need.  Hold off buyin gthings like tactical slings, red dot sights, flashlight attachments. lasers, and all thos e othe rfancy whinigdings until you have got some shooting time under you, hopefully to include some professional instruction.  THEN you will be in a position to decide what extras and add-ons you need to make the AR perform to the standards YOU discover.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top