Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2001 1:39:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You would get a lot more replies to this had you made the Title.. "RAT BASTARD Wrecker Drivers"... [;)]

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Atta Boy! Now you should get up into the 40s or so .

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Kind of a hard case to sell when you rear end somebody. I know it sucks, but your case doesn't look too well. You might be able to contest the ticket, but I doubt much else will happen.

Next time speed up and catch them in the side instead of the back. Wear your seatbelt just in case. Hope the wrecker drivers neck doesn't start hurting. I hate insurance companies.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe LEO's drive wreckers when not on duty.....
[x]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Could be worse, you could be a teenager, my friend got rear ended by a about a 50 year old, and because he was 19, and looked young, the cop didn't listen to his side of the story, the police report I got I sent straight to my lawyer because nothing that my friend said was on it, and I watched as my friend tried to explain to the cop where his vehicle was, and the dumb guy keep contradicting him and not taking notes or even listening to him.  Got my lawyer to get it thrown out because of that, but this cop thought he was omnipotent in traffic accident knowledge.  Some cops just don't listen. [:(!]  Sorry, don't know any lawyers in the Houston area, or I would call them for you.  Good luck, and make sure you get a good lawyer.
Ice
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Not all wrecker operators drive like you describe.  Grouping them all together into a stereo-type that fits the few individuals that you have had contact with, doesn't do justice for the majority.  

OSA
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay everyone here comes a response from a LEO so save the spit wads and hold the rotten vegetables for later. You got screwed!!! You are however leaving out a very important factor in this and that would be what the wrecker driver said. Did he lie or cop to the story?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Just because you were the one who hit the vehicle in front of you does not mean that it is your fault.

Get a good lawyer and fight it out. I have a friend who rear-ended someone who pulled in front of her and the lawyer got it to where the other vehicle was at fault and paid for her medical expenses and got her a 5 figure settlement.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Contest the ticket and see if you can't atleast get the judge to knock down the fine or perhaps not put a point on your record so you don't have to goto traffic school.   Go pleade your case to a more rational minded person and maybe the other party won't show up at all so your worries will be those of dealing with the insurance company.

Not too long ago I watched an idiot in an Explorer pull out in front of somebody and left the car no choice but either to rear it him or to dodge out of the way limiting damage to a side swipe, they managed to pull over quickly and it just so happened to be infront of the gun shop I was going to so I stopped to get their information and gave my information to the guy who got pulled out in front of.   Couldn't stick around for when the police officer showed up to take a report cause I had to get to class but if he wanted to contact me the information was there for him to do so, they never called to get my info but the insurance companies were on the phone with me the very next day.

Sucks that nobody stopped to be a witness, rear end collisions are the worst kind to try and defend against cause it's nearly always your fault.   That's why I made sure to stop and give my information with the wreck I saw about a month ago, that Explorer was such an ass for pulling out when he did that there wasn't any way in hell that it was the fault of the other guy that was in the Intrepid.   I let both insurance companies know it too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Brouhaha...don't worry I'm an LEO for Harris County and I share your sentiments on wrecker drivers.  They are trash, good for nothing except when you need them, and will steal out of your prisoner's car if you don't do a very good and detailed inventory on the vehicle's property.  I write there stupid a$$e$ every chance I get and most of them have open traffic warrants and all of them have driving records that bring up at least two pages on my laptop. Of course, not all of them are like this, but alot of the ones I come in contact with are.  We'll have a pursuit and they'll be driving like a bat out of hell thinking they are a frigging police car in the chase.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:25:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Old Spfld Armory:
Not all wrecker operators drive like you describe.  Grouping them all together into a stereo-type that fits the few individuals that you have had contact with, doesn't do justice for the majority.  

OSA
View Quote

Yeah right.  99% of the wrecker drivers out there make the good 1% look bad.

Norm
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I live within a few miles of a junk yard, he moved in about4 or5 years ago. This bastard pulls junk cars down the road with no tires on them, sparks flying everywere.Runs me out of the road 3 times.I run over a brake caliper and cut a tire down.And this little bastard has the nerve to tell my mother-inlaw thatI need to slow down in front of his house (a junk heap) becouse his dog sleeps in the road. The hell with his dog ,keep it on a chain.I do mine.Besides you have to slow down for broken glass in the road and some times junk cars. He f^%Ked with me now he has to put a fence up around his sh!t! [-!-!-]Find your own way to pay him back I say.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#20]
my friend got a speeding tickett once the cop tailed him so he sped up then got the tickett. went to court cop said he was on his motorcycle...he had been in a car when friend brought this up judge said it was irrelivant..friend said if he cant remember what he was driving how can he remember what happend ...judge didnt care up held the tickett.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Didn't the city of Houston de-regulate the wrecker business a couple of years ago.  All of my experiences with the wrecker business have been a rabbit hole into a phucked-up, surreal side of humanity that I want to avoid at all costs.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Jadams951,  At least I'm not the only person in the Houston area that sees what a problem they are.  I see so many simple wrecks that should cause very little or no traffic problems...until the wreckers smell the fresh accident.  If there's 2 cars involved, there will be 6 or 7 wreckers, just waiting like vultures.  Them being at the scene in such numbers, and never really getting out of the road are what causes a lot of the traffic slowdown.  I think they should be fined for it.  Right now in Houston, the wrecker drivers are picking up people's cars left in the road and nobody knows where they are taken.  Not to mention the intense price gouging.  I saw one bill on the news, it was $275!  For a simple tow!  I wish I knew where the bastard lived so I could give him a few flats...
View Quote
    LOOK THOUGH THE COURT DOCUMENTS HIS ADDRESS IS PROBLY THERE SOME PLACE IF NOT LOOK IN THE PHONEBOOK IT USUALLY HAS THE ADDRESS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top