Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 10:57:59 PM EDT

www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,11255807%255E2703,00.html

Toddler left in car with corpse

Roland Watson, Washington
November 02, 2004

A TWO-year-old girl is in a critical condition after spending more than four days locked in a car with the body of her murdered mother.

Rosie Batista was severely dehydrated when firefighters broke into the vehicle parked on a busy street in the New York suburb of Queens.

Rosie's mother Cesarina Colon had been beaten and strangled by her partner Leonardo Almonte, who covered her bloodied body with a coat after dragging it to the car.

He strapped the toddler in her carseat and left a bottle of milk just out of her reach. Almonte, a grocery store owner, admitted the killing and has been charged with murder, kidnapping and reckless endangerment.

Police are investigating why the mother and daughter were not found earlier. Twenty-four hours before the horrific discovery, a police car was sent to check the vehicle after a passer-by called emergency services. But officers were not told to look out for the child, and they drove off without getting out of their car.

Almonte confronted Ms Colon in the flat they shared on Saturday, October 23, after she said she wanted to leave and return to Rosie's father. He waited until the early hours of Sunday before placing her body and Rosie in Ms Colon's grey Toyota sports vehicle and driving it 3km before neatly parking it.

In the following days, several people peered into the vehicle but moved on. It was not until Wednesday that a passer-by called 911.

Doctors said Rosie was calm when she was pulled from the car. She had low oxygen levels and low blood pressure, but her condition has improved.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/foso1

That's awful PD!  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A TWO-year-old girl is in a critical condition after spending more than four days locked in a car with the body of her murdered mother.

Rosie Batista was severely dehydrated when firefighters broke into the vehicle parked on a busy street in the New York suburb of Queens.

It took someone four days on a busy street to figure out there was a dead woman with a kid in a car?

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Sad. Probably true. NYC being a wretched hive of scum and villainy, a great majority of NYers are scum as well. Kitty Genovese happened here. No surprise to me. That Queens Marines left a car with a child alone is inexcusable, but also not surprising. Worked with quite a few that would do just that. Too many people just don't care and are proud they don't care. When investigators figure out which cops responded to the job and fry their asses for not actually doing their job, and they put out a sob story of why they were right to abandon a child to its fate, I won't either. Same sentiments for all the people who walked by and did nothing. Hope it happens to them and they fry in a special place in hell.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Good reason to bring back "Burning at the stake".  

This turd is going to have a REAL nice time in PRISON!  

Those boys just LOVE men who harm children.  

My advice to this piece of himan filth is:  

"Learn to love cock scumbag, you're gonna be on a steady diet of it"

Zen
"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#6]
More of those top notch urban folks.

Hey OLY-M4gery - Phil_A_Steen - luckily nobody was a "vigilante" and broke the window to get the kid out.

Luckily the cops were too fucking lazy to get out of their cruiser.

Where I live, the soccer moms have bigger nuts than that.

Think about it - those NYC faggots walked by a car with a toddler and an unconcious body in it for *four days*.

Cocksucker probably left the bottle "just out of reach" on purpose.

No offense to the NYC folks I admire on this board.

URBAN CENTERS=MINDLESS WELFARE HATCHERIES

Not badmouthing NYC - well - yes I am.

Come down to Dallas and maybe a nurse can hit you with her car, leave you *in* the windshield, drive home, park in the garage, fuck her boyfriend, drink and do drugs for a few days until you die.

Fuck Dallas too.

FTW

disgusting
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Considering NYC is going to vote blindly for kerry no matter what, that the worst humanity has to offer has done every evil you can think of here, including human sacrifice, cannibalism, and the mass murder of 3000 innocents, not enough can be said about splitting NYC from the rest of the state, barb wiring the bridges, mining the rivers and placing a division of troops to keep these horrors INSIDE AND UNABLE TO SPREAD.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh hey, a dead body and a baby trapped in a car. *gets back in car*
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
More of those top notch urban folks.

Hey OLY-M4gery - Phil_A_Steen - luckily nobody was a "vigilante" and broke the window to get the kid out.

Luckily the cops were too fucking lazy to get out of their cruiser.

Where I live, the soccer moms have bigger nuts than that.

Think about it - those NYC faggots walked by a car with a toddler and an unconcious body in it for *four days*.

Cocksucker probably left the bottle "just out of reach" on purpose.

No offense to the NYC folks I admire on this board.

URBAN CENTERS=MINDLESS WELFARE HATCHERIES

Not badmouthing NYC - well - yes I am.

Come down to Dallas and maybe a nurse can hit you with her car, leave you *in* the windshield, drive home, park in the garage, fuck her boyfriend, drink and do drugs for a few days until you die.

Fuck Dallas too.

FTW

disgusting

First , Second

Knock it off, if you head a brain in you head you know exactly the point I was making in the other thread.

3 days of people walking by w/o a call, or a concenred person .

The police that were sent to check the car, and not getting out, and doing an old fashioned "look see"
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Police are investigating why the mother and daughter were not found earlier. Twenty-four hours before the horrific discovery, a police car was sent to check the vehicle after a passer-by called emergency services. But officers were not told to look out for the child, and they drove off without getting out of their car.

Doesnt really seem to matter that at least one person did call the police.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I elect to integrate a little light-heartedness when it comes to these kinds of cases for the mere fact that it's difficult to deal with these issues.

To me, there isn't a crime worse than harming a child.  I've spent two years volunteering part-time to assist abused and neglected children.  It's easier to handle when you have a hand in the matter and are able to make a child's life happier.  But when I hear about stories where a helpless child is harmed when there was opportunity to prevent it, it sickens me - literally.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:38:02 AM EDT
[#12]
this is extactly what happens when americans are turned into f*cking Zombies by the media and everything that revolves around it......nobody cares.....people see people get shot and they runaway scared and don't come forward........most americans now just have TUNNEL Vision.....that's why they don't see whats going on on the sides but just straight ahead on the tv screen......that's why they don't see that skerry is full of sh*t because the media says skerry is the answer to the problem
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/foso1

nice touch

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top