Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 10:42:13 AM EDT
ANYONE PLEASE HELP
I need to get a BLANK copy of the californa weapons registration form, the side the guns are listed on, if someone has an old one around PLEASE let me know and i will pay for you to send me or fax me a copy NOT your original. i need this desperately to help prove my case.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't you download it online somewhere?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#2]
No the state dosen't have them anymore
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
# May assault weapons still be registered?
The assault weapon registration period has ended. The DOJ is no longer accepting assault weapon registration forms.

Return to top

# Where can I get registration forms?
If you are party to a criminal case involving possession of an assault weapon prior to January 1, 2002, and if you qualify to register that assault weapon in order to reduce the offense to an infraction, you may obtain an Assault Weapon Registration Form from the Department of Justice. The form includes instructions.

These forms were mostly available initially at gun stores.  Someone, somewhere may still have them.  There wasn't much to them IIRC, just the description of the firearm with serial number and then your name, address and maybe DL# or something.

ETA: that something was a thumbprint.  Had to go to the local PD to get one.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Where can I get registration forms?

If you are party to a criminal case involving possession of an assault weapon prior to January 1, 2002, and if you qualify to register that assault weapon in order to reduce the offense to an infraction, you may obtain an Assault Weapon Registration Form from the Department of Justice. The form includes instructions.

caag.state.ca.us/firearms/regagunfaqs.htm

...on December 28, three short days before the deadline, DOJ posted (on the Internet) a version of the otherwise unobtainable form.

You could fill it in and send it to DOJ, but you still had to somehow obtain and submit a "real" form within 14 calendar days.

If you were lucky enough to find a form, you faced the next hurdle -- fingerprinting. LAPD doesn’t do it anymore. We eventually found someone with a fingerprinting kit.

The year and a half of change, uncertainty, missing information and unobtainable forms are, in part, why so few law-abiding Californians succeeded in running the DOJ assault-weapon registration gauntlet. To many, it was impossible to comply.

Link to above quote

No photo copy of the form could be located on the internet.

Firearm Voluntary Registration Formurl]

Firearm Operation of Law Registration Form

caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf  <---The 2000 Assault Weapons Identification Guide

That's all I could come up with.  Sorry.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#5]
so whats that mean only people who use AW's in a crime can register them??
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#6]
The true crime is anyone who actually registered their weapon(s).
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
so whats that mean only people who use AW's in a crime can register them??

IIRC that was in reference to a few models that were on the list then removed from the list and then re-added.  This  was an opportunity for those owning to that hadn't registered those particular models to register.  Some in the DoJ wanted to make it a criminal  case (which it technically was iaw some laws, not others), confiscate and prosecute and others realized that the political ramifications about going after non-criminals when they were only guilty because the laws changed several times was going to be horrendous.  The laws passed on based on the premise that confiscations wouldn't happen, etc.

Then another asshole comment on those registering.  Many of those registering had to think about a few things more than blind obedience to a theistic moral calling.   One realizing that I had purchased my Colt in the period that the state did in fact keep records of sales, and needing  a clearance for both my civilian and Navy Reserve jobs committing a felony didn't make much sense did it???  In other words if the state already knew you had it, registering was just a bureaucratic exercise

Now if I happened to have inherited some weapons that may or may not have a state record say an M1 carbine with  a folding stock, well maybe the stock got replaced and and maybe it didn't. and maybe or maybe not
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I have scans of mine with info on it. I just photoshoped the forms to make a blank version.

img47.exs.cx/img47/7434/AW-reg2A_blank.jpg

img47.exs.cx/img47/3710/AW-reg2B_blank.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top