Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 11:15:37 PM EDT
I thought I would share this gem.

While in Basic Training in Ft. Benning we had a real baby huey. A real muscle head dope.

Anyway during one of the SAW classes we were offered a chance to ask questions about the weapon by one of the cadre.

This is basically what dopey asked.  Gets up stands at Parade rest and squeaks out the platoon motto trying to sound all hooah. "Sgt. Seeing that the SAW is a gas operated weapon. What type of gas does it use and where do we put it?"

Not shittin you.

The room grew silent. The cadre and Drill Sgt.s seriously thought the guy was being a smart ass. Only after the guy did an estimated, 100 pushups, mountain climbers, side straddle hops and electric chairs did they discover that he was just a dipshit and his question was honest.

Anyone else have some stories of idiots in Basic or Boot? please share.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]

"Sgt. Seeing that the SAW is a gas operated weapon. What type of gas does it use and where do we put it?"

BWA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I swear I've read this in one of SteyrAug's posts before...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag. This ought to be good.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Did the cadre send him out to find the keys to the flag pole?  To get 100 feet of flight line? A bottle of liquid squelch for the radio? Bucket of prop wash?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Only after the guy did an estimated, 100 pushups, mountain climbers, side straddle hops and electric chairs did they discover that he was just a dipshit and his question was honest.

I remember pushups, side straddle hops and mountain climbers, but WTF is an electric chair!?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the “Electric Chair”?  I’ve never heard of it.  Granted, this story is beyond my time, but what the hell is it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The AR family uses 100 octane avgas, and the AK family uses 87 octane unleaded.

Good one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I do believe the AR15 is fueled by a liquid that will not catch when exposed to direct flame, but does ignite under high compression.  The SR71 is commonly grounded for redistribution of this fuel to AR15's.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember basic in benning,    E 3/47 with Sgt. Johnson, Felix and Long.  Ahhh memories lol.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

More thrust per squeeze!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:32:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Back against the wall, knees bent at 90 degrees, arms straight out in front of you.  You are in a sitting position, but you aren't sitting down.
Your legs BURN.

Dang, my drill sgt's were behind the times.  We had to settle for standard grass drills and diamond pushups.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only after the guy did an estimated, 100 pushups, mountain climbers, side straddle hops and electric chairs did they discover that he was just a dipshit and his question was honest.

I remember pushups, side straddle hops and mountain climbers, but WTF is an electric chair!?

where you sit against the wall like you are in a chair, but there is no chair , and holding your hands out straight. It is most painful after a long series of mountin climbers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#14]

So, ....... what was the answer???  

What kind of gas do they use?    

Zen
"This is my gas, there are many like it, but mine is burrito fueled"  

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Back against the wall, knees bent at 90 degrees, arms straight out in front of you.  You are in a sitting position, but you aren't sitting down.
Your legs BURN.

Thats exactly it. I had to do grass drills in the pots and pans section during KP. My foot slipped a few inches while I was at parade rest asking for permission to go to the latrine. My Drill Sgts eyes lit up "Walking at parade rest eh turd?  Get dow get up get down get up, mountain climbers, flutter kicks, mountain climbers......" then repeat.   Went on for what seemed like forever. After all the mountin climbers he put me in the electric chair. He asked. "Can you feel the lightning shooting through your ass turd?"
It was kind of funny because my legs were jumping and vibrating it looked like I was being electrocuted. And the burning shooting from my ankles to my asshole mad me think "Holy crap, I can feel it."

I dont remember going to the latrine after all that. I think I sweat it all out.

PD the dope who asked about the gas for the saw, ended up being made "Platoon Leader" a few days later. That was a serious WTF??

Come on . Lets hear some stories of the real dopes from basic. There is at least one in every Company or platoon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top