Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 9:35:19 AM EDT
It's the perfect new home for him.

Arafat Agrees to Treatment in France - Officials

RAMALLAH (Reuters) - Ailing Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) has agreed to be flown to France for medical treatment on Friday, Palestinian officials said on Thursday.

A senior lawmaker from Arafat's Fatah (news - web sites) movement, Abbas Zaki, told Reuters that he would be flown out early in the morning. Other officials echoed his comments.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Wonder if this will be his last day in the ME? After all, didn't the Israelis indicate if he left Ramallah they wouldn't let him return?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#2]
You think he will make it to Friday?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Good he can die away from his "homeland" never to see any of his dreams come to fruition.

GM
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel bad that I wish ill on another human being, but I just can't help but remember all of those Palistenians flashing "V" signs when those terrorists hit the WTC/Pentagon.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#5]
they should kill him.  don't give him the satisfaction of dying of natural causes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
He will bounce back and this will solidity his base.  That is until he dies for real.  He is an evil man in a world with way too many of his ilk.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
If the Israelis were smart they would just let him die .

Not get in his way of getting treatment. Just let him go where he needs to.

He is in SERIOUS condition.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Let the party commence !!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#9]
How appropriate that Arafat is going to France. Hopefully Kerry will seek exile in France too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if Israel will level his compound while he's gone - but probably better to just let nature take its course.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You think he will make it to Friday?

No, I'd bet he's dead already.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Perfect. Where all good dictators / monsters go to live.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#13]
If Isreal thinks he's going to live, then they should cause an 'accident'.

Like a Plane crash in the Med.  Maybe and AIM-120 caused crash?  

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If the Israelis were smart they would just let him die .

Not get in his way of getting treatment. Just let him go where he needs to.

He is in SERIOUS condition.

CRC

But don't let him come back... then maybe some of the moderates can try to steer the Palis away from their path of doom destruction and murder.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Latest report……

"AMALLAH, West Bank (AP) - Doctors decided Thursday to fly Yasser Arafat to Paris for treatment after blood tests revealed the ailing Palestinian leader has a low platelet count. Associates said Arafat was too weak to stand Thursday, appeared confused at times and spent most of the day sleeping.

The doctors told reporters the cause of the low platelet count was not known and further testing was needed.

Arafat's personal physician, Dr. Ashraf Kurdi, said there was no immediate threat to Arafat's life. ``His condition is good, his spirits are high,'' Kurdi said.

Platelets are the blood components that aid in clotting. Low platelets can be caused by many medical problems - including bleeding ulcers, colitis, liver disease and blood cancers such as leukemia and lymphoma - or by treatment with blood thinners like certain heart medications.

Arafat will be taken Friday morning to Amman, Jordan, where he will be flown by plane to Paris, said Munib al-Masri, an Arafat aide.

…… mmmm cancer, I hope so… a slow lingering death for the bastard… good!

Andy
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Personally, I think this is the first step of a terrorist Muslim regime’s attempt to take over France. We new it was going to happen, we just didn't expect it to be today. Kidding - but it IS only a matter of time.

Israel retracted their remark about not guaranteeing Arafat’s right of return. How unfortunate that some countries don't learn from their mistakes no matter how costly they may be.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#17]
They ought to blow that plane out of the sky right over Chirac's house.  Kill two terrorist-enabling bastards with one stone missile.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#18]
That's not Arafat! Thats Fred Sanford![/
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder how French citizens who have been waiting for treatment for life-threatening diseases for months will feel when this asshat gets immediate treatment because he passed out?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I wonder how French citizens who have been waiting for treatment for life-threatening diseases for months will feel when this asshat gets immediate treatment because he passed out?

They are  French, he is an Arab Terrorist… they will understand…

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
How appropriate that Arafat is going to France. Hopefully Kerry will seek exile in France too.

+1
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#22]
BBC are reporting his doctors as saying he has leukemia!

You see! there IS a God after all!…… a slow, painful and lingering death for the murdering bastard…

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Old terrorists don't die . . . they just fade away to France.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:26:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah. France. Who'da thunk it?????  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top