Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 7:26:36 AM EDT
Does anyone know what our majority is? I just can't hold my nose and vote for specter
in PA anymore. Clymer will get my vote. Specter just barely sqeaked by him in the primary.Specter is such an ass and a liberal.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#1]
They are going to gain at least 2 seats, maybe more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They are going to gain at least 2 seats, maybe more.

very cool...its Clymer then
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does anyone know what our majority is? I just can't hold my nose and vote for specter
in PA anymore. Clymer will get my vote. Specter just barely sqeaked by him in the primary.Specter is such an ass and a liberal.

(Actually, Specter ran against Pat Toomey.  I can only assume Toomey isn't running so that he can stay in the RNC's good graces for another run at something.)

I don't know about the overall majority of Republican seats in the Senate.

Last I looked, the polls said Specter had ~50% and Hoeffel had ~35%.  (Hoeffel's my outgoing Congressthing, but it doesn't look like his replacement will be much better - I have my choice of left-leaning ladies.)

I'm voting for Clymer.  I took a daytrip around the Lancaster area last weekend, and he seems very popular out there.  Unfortunately, the conventional wisdom is that if Specter wins, it'll be his last term, so he'll probably let a lot of his true colors fly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:46:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, Specter ran against Pat Toomey.

opps...my bad..you're right.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Specter will be scary if he stays. Its definitely his last run so he'll be a good little party line towing democrap.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Worst case scenario: No Change.

Best case scenario: Republicans +4
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually best case is now as good as GOP +5, but +3 or +4 is more likely, and they're all very pro-gun.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Actually best case is now as good as GOP +5, but +3 or +4 is more likely, and they're all very pro-gun.

GunLvr

Thats good cause specter needs to go down. There are actually signs in PA that say vote kerry and specter.........
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thats good cause specter needs to go down. There are actually signs in PA that say vote kerry and specter.........

That says it all.  I thought it was disgraceful the way the GOP treated Specter's opponent in the primary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top