Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 10:41:53 PM EDT
My wife and I had just had some less than tasty utility food at "The Outback" and she decided she wants to go try to find a "Plumber Butt". She dresses up for work every year and she has decided that she wants to go and find stuff to mimic an old plumber with the butt-crack and all. Whatever, I figured while she's doin her thing, I'll walk back to sporting goods and tool around. I live out in the country and I figured I'd pick up a small scope and some pellets for my Powerline 880 air rifle. I've been seeing some field mice hangin around the joint lately so I figured I'd get them before they get me when it starts cooling down. Anyhow, got me a cool little BSA Optics 3-7 X 20 air rifle scope for about 17 bucks and some hollow point pellets. We get up to the check out with her crap and my treasure and as the oompa loompa is ringing us through she ask for some I.D.....I said...did you get some brewskies babe?...she said naaaa...I got carded for the little tiny .177 Cal pellets that I had so foolishly slipped into our basket.....no problem with the scope...just the pellets. I walked out of there passing the Sam Walton coke machines and armies of basket boys scratching my head.---Lane

Aahh! just heard on Fox news that Arafat is close to death...couldn't of happened to a better man...Bitch! I'm pulling out my old parachute pants and Japanese Rising Sun T-shirts  to do a little break dancing on camera of course.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
i had a painting class and went there to buy paints(the little tiny craft ones) and they carded me. im like WTF??
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
They carded me for Spraypaint, but I got Starting fluid without a problem.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
MANY OF WALLY'S EMPLOYEES DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT WHEN TO CARD SOMEONE...heck they don't know jack about what they sell in their dept.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I got "carded" for buying a pellet trap once.

Even the cashier thought it was nuts.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Huh? they have Wal-Marts in Kalifornia???  I thought it was only us Neandratals out here in Gods Country in the SouthEast.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Huh? they have Wal-Marts in Kalifornia???  I thought it was only us Neandratals out here in Gods Country in the SouthEast.

I dont think they have the Mighty Wal-Mart Supercenter there yet.

I also noticed very few of them in NY
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The downside is that I would have to deal with a bunch of zombies who couldn't find thier asses with both hands behind thier back...

That only gets worse the closer you get to Home Office.  The store accross from HO is the 2nd worst store in the nation, so I hear.  My local one is great for management, but everyday I find someone that needs a picture pop-up book to tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

Case in point:  I look 25 (I am 21) and was carded for .22lr.  The dumb bitch said it was for a pistol and I said it was for a rifle.  I didnt have my ID on me at the time, so she couldnt sell them to me.  For reference, the first 5 times I bought booze, I wasn't carded.  Explain that shit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I went in there today and bought some ammo and wasn't carded. I did check out right at the gun counter.  I was in and out in less that 5 minutes.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Buying a gun there is a damn nightmare.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think they have the Mighty Wal-Mart Supercenter there yet.

I also noticed very few of them in NY

Palm Springs Walmart Supercenter, opened 1/2004.  137000 square-foot 2-story Walmart, opened 10/2004, El Cajon.  20-50 supercenters planned for California.  Bring it on!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I got carded yesterday when buying 2 packages of 5 minute epoxy (in the paint section) for gluing some pillars in a stock. It was flagged by the cash register. I told them it was "absurd'.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i had a painting class and went there to buy paints(the little tiny craft ones) and they carded me. im like WTF??

I had that  "over age X?" pop up on the register there when buying mineral spirits and  some sort of glue before.  I gave the woman at the checkout a ration of shit over harassing me about paint thinner and that I'd buy it from Lowes the next time I needed some.   Walmart  has a "Big Brother" complex.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#15]
The Wally World employee just does what the cash register tells him to.  Nothing personal, no thought involved.

Some of that is state law, no glue (to prevent glue sniffing), spray paint (graffitti), thinner (sniffing), airbrush propellant (duh), etc can be sold to minors.   Most places do not bother checking, but Wally World has it programmed in.  Some employees are smart enough to look at you and tell you are over 21.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#17]
It's supposed to be 21+ for Pistol ammo and 18+ for rifle ammo correct?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#18]
If you think that's crazy, listen to this. A few years ago I bought a T/C Muzzleloader from Wal-Mart(first and last) and they made me fill out not one but two(they used carbon paper)4473's for the purchase. I tried to tell them that you don't need to fill out a 4473 for muzzleloaders but they gave me some lame excuse about how it's for "inventory" pourposes, yadda, yadda, yadda, so I went a head and got it but it's the last firearm that I'll ever buy from Wall-Mart.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
last weekend, i bought a brick of remington thunderbolt .22 ammunition at the.

the woman working the sporting goods counter asked me if i was going to use it a rifle or a pistol.

what was that all about?

i think i confused her when i said i was using them in a shotgun.

Yup.

I always tell them it's for a machinegun.  

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#20]
if they dont ask you for ID I think they can get fired? because they check on that by using fake customers to see how well you perform on the job.

I frequent a Walmart and the lady in sporting goods recognizes me, so she never asks for ID
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top