Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 6:32:55 PM EDT
Does anyone have a ballistic program for calculating bullet drop and drift for various calibers, needs to be inputable for velocity, bullet weight, etc. All the standards, and I kind of want it to work on my Palm, any help people?

Thanks

TacticalPenguin
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
never used their products but I have read stuff from people who recommend them

RSI shooting lab

edit: oops,  not a palm program
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Sierra Infinity. It's not precise, but it gets you real damn close.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no experience with this package, but it should do what you want:

(Note:  make sure your speaker isn’t turned up too high before clicking the link!  )

www.perry-systems.com

FWIW, while not a Palm system, I think the Sierra Infinity program is a good package at a very reasonable price.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
The Exbal ballistics program by Perry Systems is incredible.  Much better than Sierra.  Has reticle setups for mildot, Burris B-plex, Nightforce NPR1, NPR2, and customs.  It will also work on palm.  Its dead on accurate also.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
yes  free download for ballistics calculations----BEARTOOTH BULLETS ONLINE/RESOURCE CENTER       I hope this helps
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a ballistic program for calculating bullet drop and drift for various calibers, needs to be inputable for velocity, bullet weight, etc. All the standards, and I kind of want it to work on my Palm, any help people?

Yes I use the freeware program PBX on my Palm.  Great program.  Covers all that an more.

You can buy ($20) the enhanced version which will calculate for ranges beyond 500y and IIRC has a database of bullets you can build.

Edited to Add
Duh! I forgot to tell you were you can get PBX for free.  at www.MD-AR15.com in the Documents area - its located in the PDA Software folder.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
In depth program.

precisionworkbench.com/index.htm

Quick program up to 600 yards.

www.norma.cc/htm_files/javapagee.htm
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the one that I use:

PCB Calculator

It is Simple, DOS based (runs in a dos window) and goes out past 1000 yards.  It is also free.

I also use Shoot v.3.0 on occasion as well  It does graphs and comparisons better than PCB plus it can keep loads and guns in a DB.  It did cost me $30 though.  Shareware version is good for 30 days IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Point Blank is good and its free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top