Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 4:30:02 PM EDT
I finished the course this weekend with 5 of my friends, and I have to say it was one of the best things I ever did. I learned a TON, and feel much more confident carrying now - not because Mas told me what I wanted to hear, but now I know how things really work and what I need to do myself.

Two big points I want to mention that I learned:

1) It is your DUTY to your loved ones to make it home at night. Getting killed is like having all of your loved ones die. It is not fair to you, or them.

2) A firearm is a rescue tool, like a fire extinguisher or a first aid kit. It allows you to handle a situation until the professionals arrive. Those are terms that non-believers may be able to understand. The average self-defense shooting takes place from realizing something is wrong, to shooting in 1-3 seconds, a police response will usually take AT LEAST 1-3 minutes. Until they show up, you are on your own.

Also inlcuded was a ton of tactical and legal advise, which I shouldnt discuss. If you've ever thought about taking this class, it is worth its weight in gold.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
LFI-1 Grad class of 11/1991 Long Beach Police pistol academy. Placed 2nd in class shoot. Did you win the $20 from Mas?  
Some like him, some hate him, some say he's sold out. <shrug> Taught me a lot.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I would love to take the class, but $750 for a single day of training is very expensive. I have not taken any of the LFI classes. I have read his Stressfire Pistol Book and In The Gravest Extreme. He is an awesome author. I have delt with him online, he is a good guy. If I ever save up the money I will take the LFI Level I class.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on all you said. I did the LFI-1 class back in '85 with Mas.  Couldn't have believed 15-20 shooters would take a 40 hour class, with only 12 hours on the range, and NO ONE complained about there not being enough shooting time. It was that interesting. Roy Black's law partner, Mark Seiden was a guest speaker and so was Richard Davis from Second Chance. I never got to take another class, but I've followed Ayoob's theories through the years. Even if you find something to disagree with (not often) you can usually learn plenty. Stay a student.   Stay safe
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
He's still around?  I hadn't heard much from his direction in a few years.

Took it at FAS in 1995.  I found it to be a very informative and useful class.  Definitely improved my pistol shooting skills.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I sat next to Mas at the ASLET conference in Virginia he is down to earth and has no problem asking you what you think about a teaching technique. I would hire him for my legal team if I ever needed to defend a shooting.

Just remember he puts his shoes on just like you.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:22:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I sat next to Mas at the ASLET conference in Virginia he is down to earth and has no problem asking you what you think about a teaching technique. I would hire him for my legal team if I ever needed to defend a shooting.

Just remember he puts his shoes on just like you.

Hunter out...

Best part of taking the class is that he will be available to you for any shooting defense you may need in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top