Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 11:46:54 AM EDT
I seen a link on here a couple days ago on a company making RPD and SAW uppers for mac 10 guns, can anyone help me find that site again. I would love to have either one but the saw makes me PUFFY!!!!. THANKS
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Socom Mfg

The guy that runs the place was a pretty cool guy when I talked to him.  He also is going to put out a maglight that shoots a single Aguila mini 12ga shell for about $300 or so.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#2]
www.socommfg.com/rpd%20m11.htm

Expensive fuggers!

ETA: Wingnut116ACW, you bastard! You beat me by 9 seconds!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The guy I talked to was a complete asshole.  He acted like he couldnt even give me the time of day.  They dont make the SAW uppers anymore since they dont have anymore saw kits but they had a couple of RPD uppers left.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I wandered into their pawnshop storefront whilest pawnshopping in Augusta, GA.  The rotund guy at the desk was quite cordial and we shot the shit for a while.  You never would have guessed that the machineshop next door was a class II manufacturer.  The place was a bit skeezy but the folks were nice enough.  And their prices were quite high.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
He's a pretty decent guy, named Ernest.  I bought a couple of stripped lowers from him, and he showed me a mag-lite he has that shoots .410 shells.  Pretty damn cool!

It's actually a funny store.  You can buy suppressors and farm equipment at the smae place!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The RPD upper is  for a MAC11. They talked about a project for the fat MACs but I don't think anything ever came of it.

Quoted:

Expensive fuggers!

Its all a matter of perspective. Try finding another beltfed for $10,000.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The RPD upper is  for a MAC11. They talked about a project for the fat MACs but I don't think anything ever came of it.

Quoted:

Expensive fuggers!

Its all a matter of perspective. Try finding another beltfed for $10,000.

It's only a conversion, you need a registered MAC to make it work, sort of like the Shrike, if it ever comes out for about $3.5K.

A BRP/XMG MG-34 conversion for an M16 costs about $5K and actually works quite well and has a .308 conversion.

Also, here's a classic Maxim C&R belt-fed for $10K: www.davidspiwak.com/Current%20Inventory.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]
He sent a sample to the ATF for determination on whether or not it was considered a non-firearm, title I firearm or title II firearm.   They said it was a new MG, in and of itself, which pretty much put the kibosh on sales.   He was going to fight it in court, and the ATF arrested him on unrelated charges.

However, it is also important to note that during the time the ATF had his sample, he was pretty much stringing everyone along over at subguns, saying that it had received ATF approval.   What he really meant was that it  hadn't been disapproved yet.   Whether or not the ATF is being overzealous, it was definitely not good for him to, at best, be very misleading as to the legal status of his product.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top