Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2001 7:22:06 PM EDT
So I cruise into my favorite local gunshop a couple weeks ago, and I spy a used Ruger Vaquero in .45LC at a good price. Now, I've been looking for a Vaquero in LC for a while, but never found one on the cheap. I know she's heard me talk about a Vaquero for a while, despite her claims to the contrary.

Well, earlier this week, we were going out to buy some new living room furniture, and since the gun shop is on the way, I decide to stop in. I point out the Ruger to her, and tell her I think I'm going to get it. Well, as is my usual habit, I walk around the shop, taking in the other deals before I make my move on the gun I really want.

Before I know it, my wife tells the guy behind the counter that she wants the Vaquero. I am betrayed! She bought it for HERSELF!

Now, some of you may remember my last story about my wife's preference for guns. In a nutshell, she had always wanted a revolver, so I bought her an SP101. Then I bought a Kimber. For her, it was to hell with the SP101, she loved that Kimber.

So, to spite her, when she bought the Vaquero, I bought a Springfield 1911A1. I thought that if I had two 1911s, that would really burn her.

How wrong I was.

Now, I know that I can play with the Vaquero and shoot it anytime I want. But it's HERS, dammit! And the fact that it's hers and I can shoot it doesn't seem to faze her nearly as much as the fact that the 1911s are mine!

Women. If I live a thousand years, I will never understand them.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
What you have to remember about women, is they think that what's your's is their's and what their's is their's.

Seriously, you have a wife that likes guns and doesn't get on your case every time you even think of buying one......WOW, keep her.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Does your wife have any sisters?
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me get this straight. You're bitchin' because your WIFE bought the gun YOU wanted. BUT you still get to play with it? And your problem is???
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
What are you bitching about? Went in to buy 1 gun and walked out with 2? Duh, what am I missing here? If she's the type that says, "that's my Ruger, and you cant touch it unless you first ......", well depends on what first is....cut the grass and clean up the yard? well, yeah that's cause for complaint...but anything sexual, you are nuts...and bottom line is, she is the W-I-F-E, which means you are the BOSS, right, hoss? So, what's the point of this post, unless she wears the pants and you wear the panties, Government Thug....[:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]
No need to bring undergarments into it [img]http://members.aol.com/govtthug/images/govtthug.gif[/img]

But it's HERS. It's the same way as when I bought the Kimber. She said she wanted me to buy her one too. Then she figured out that she gets to shoot it anytime she wants, even though it's technically "mine".

Well, I must just be wired differently than her, because I know I can use it anytime I want, but it's HERS.

Quoted:
What you have to remember about women, is they think that what's your's is their's and what their's is their's.
View Quote

That's exactly right. Guys just don't think like that.

Well, I can't complain too hard. She's smart, beautiful, a great friend, and an excellent mom to our kids.

But she does have MY damn Vaquero.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Count yourself as lucky that she enjoys firearms.  Sounds to me like you found a good one!

Buy another one and have your named engraved. :-)

Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Just get another one.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#10]
If your lucky, maybe she will let you touch it!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]
That's pretty funny, I thought you were going to say how she messed up the sale.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Id shoot all her ammo up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ARMALITE FAN:
Id shoot all her ammo up.
View Quote

I'd buy yourself a NEW Vanquero, and THEN shoot all her ammo up. Heh.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like the solution is pretty easy.  As has been suggested, buy another Vaquero.  But I'd take it a step further.  Make it a matching, identical one - then get some custom wood grips that have "His" and "Hers" carved into them...  

Hey, then you could get into matching leather gear with carved patterns and monograms on everything!  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds like the solution is pretty easy.  As has been suggested, buy another Vaquero.  But I'd take it a step further.  Make it a matching, identical one - then get some custom wood grips that have "His" and "Hers" carved into them...  

Hey, then you could get into matching leather gear with carved patterns and monograms on everything!  [:D]
View Quote

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Women. If I live a thousand years, I will never understand them.
View Quote

Man, if that isn't the most accurate thing I've heard on this board, then I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 4:48:08 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife did the same thing to me, But it was with a Bulgarian SLR-95. I was eying it and walked around the store when I went back to the counter she was buying it. Which sounds good but she wont even let me shoot it with out her there and when I try to rapid fire it she is all over me telling me to baby her gun. And take a guess who get to clean it after she is done and whos gun money all the acceseries come out of. I buy her stuff she want for her SLR and she thinks that It has to come out of my gun money. Life is great thogh because it just gave me a excuss to buy 20 more AK mags.
SCAR
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:00:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't want to read about another damn complaint about a wife that would buy a firearm on the way to buy furniture!!!

If I tried that, I'd look like this!
[B)]

Count your blessings, and buy another Vaquero, for me, furniture man. [B)]

Later,

JC
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I wish my girl was into guns.  She can't stand that i spend s much time looking for a good deal.  Of course she loves it when i go to the range so she has free time to watch her soap operas.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Women, can't live with 'em can't live without them, a tired old refrain, but guess it keeps us normal guys from just giving them a left jab, followed by a right cross, followed up by a left uppercut, and "straightening" them out....
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Re:if your lucky, maybe she will let you touch it!!

If it were my wife, I d be lucky to get to touch her gun--- and--- her!!!

Consider yourself blessed!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top