Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]

You can get one like this now...unless you are in one of the Still-Banned States.

MT

Some features like the New Mag Capacity, REmovable Flash Hider and Folding Stock were banned.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And to THINK I wanted to have your BABY!

Gun-slut!

"This is my ZEN, there aren't any others like it, but this is the way we want it."

It's true, I admit it, I'm a big gunslut.  

"Hello, my name is Zen, and I'm a Gunaholic."

"Hello Zen!"

"God grant me the serenity to accept the FALs I cannot own"

"To own the FALs that I can"

"And the wisdom to buy lots of ammo for them"

Zen
"This is my FAL, there are many like it, but this one kicks ASS"

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's an FAL?

A fine .308 semi-automatic battle rifle that is the "right hand of the free world".

Why do people want them?

To send 147 grains of red hot loving to someone you want to reach out and touch a long way away. It's one of the finest battle rifles on the planet and costs way less than some of the others.

Do I want one too?

Yes, of course - get both an AR and an FAL.

Elegantly Put...I'm impressed!

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Excuse me while I put this flame suit on....

....OK ready.

I think the FAL is an FUCKING UGLY ASS GUN!!

The stock has a weird shape to it
The pistol grip does not look like it fits there
The handle looks like someone took a coat hanger and bent it.

have I ever shot one? No.
Would I like to? Sure.
Would I buy one? Probably not.

I just think the AR is a MUCH nicer looking rifle... nicer lines and parts that fit to look like it belongs on the rifle.  I know I know... apples and oranges... However I just dont see the fascination with them.

now you DO KNOW that in a few years I am gonna eat these words.

BTW for the record, I said almost the same things about a 44 mag... (Waste of money on ammo, too much kick, too expensive gun) Until I bought one

They're like Volvos.  Yu think they're ugly until you own one and all their other virtues win you over.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
i first became interested in fal's BECAUSE of how they looked (cool).  the more i researched the more i had to have one...

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Cheap to buy, it qualifies as a MBR, magazines are dirt cheap, they run forever....

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
How is the supply of milsurp 7.62 compared to 5.56? Price and availiabilty
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh no!  What have I done?  Now all of a sudden I feel like I NEED an FAL.

Owned!!! And by  your own thread/question!  HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#9]
The main reason I want to get a FAL (when I get outta this state) is they're just plain sexy looking to me.

The second reason I want to get one is many places have a ban on hunting deer with .223....so, why not piss off all the elitist hunters by using the same round they are but also using an evil rifle?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]

I haven't seen anyone actually try to send you over to the dark side....  so I guess I will...

Be sure to check out The FAL Files website.  Plenty of forums of FAL lovin' over there.

And I'll give a +1 to everyone else's reasons for loving the FAL.  I like the highly customizable nature of them as well.  So many different variants out there and you can assemble one pretty much however you want to.

If you don't like the FAL pistol grip, you'll find that the grip off of the M249 fits the FAL perfectly.

Want a FAL in a different calibre?  There are conversion kits for 9mm, .45ACP, .223, and a host of others.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just curious... I'm not to familiar with the previos ban.  Were FAL type rifles part of the AWB?

Yes, they were, but they are also part of the '89 "import ban"(992r), and they still require the proper amount of USA produced parts.

Oh yeah, check out the FAL Files
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow... It figures the one I'd fall in love with costs $1500, and that's without any upgrades.  And I thought that the AR was going to be my most expensive rifle.  I'm sure I could get a cheaper FAL, but do I really want to sacrifice quality?  That's why I spent the extra money to get a Colt AR (Wait... let me throw my flame suit on now).

DSA SA58 TACTICAL CARBINE

I already know I'd be replacing the stock with one of those folding ones.  $$$$$$$$$  This whole idea may be a little more expensive for me than I thought.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How is the supply of milsurp 7.62 compared to 5.56? Price and availiabilty

what? No input?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i love to take the fal to the steel plate shoots. the little .223's are just bouncing off the plates...rocking some of them and dropping some of them slowly.

the fal not only drops them...it often sends them flying!

Yep - we did a plate shoot at the Hun Farm.... and one guy kept kicking out butts shooting a FAL, because many times it took two or three .223 hits to take the big plates down, and he just blew the crap outa them!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I know they are hard to find anymore.... but my FAL cost like $400-$450 from Aimsurplus when they had them.  Imbel receiver, Austrian STG kit.... I did my research, and replaced the cheap FCG with a FSE, and replaced the gas piston with a DSA, right off the bat.  Mine has been near flawless.  I'm glad I didnt pay a bundle for it.  Having a good, reliable, CHEAP battle rifle is just cool.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice Guy - Yes, you do.

Paul - Well put.  Ditto Fenian.

FALARAK - I like nekkid barrels.

Fister - Call your sponsor.  Now.

High Caliber - Once you get an FAL you realize most of the things you did before don't count.

DrFridge - You will be assimilated.  You too Karl.  And ammo is about 22c a round vs. 17 for the 5.56.  (ballpark figures based on a case at a time)  Stay away from the Indian surplus.

Mauser - I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Ross pretty much nailed that on the head...eveyone will now be required to own a FAL.

Put a fork in it....this thread is done..hahaha!

MT
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I have 2 FALs and 0 ARs.

My FALs: Imbel G1, and Imbel Rich Saunders build. Yep, I love them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have 2 FALs and 0 ARs.

Yeah, but you dont count.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh, and niceguymr, do you think you want a metric or an inch FAL?  (That'll drive you nuts.)
Actually, the answer is simple:  go metric.

Why?

Mags & Parts...  The rifle I built above, has a metric mag well anyhow.  True 'inch' mag wells are fairly uncommon.  

Yep, that there's the reason to go metric, for no other reason than mag compatability (let alone other compatability concerns).

I hate this thread.  Now I have the "wannas."
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I never had any interest in the FAL... But now I have this feeling that I just have to have one... Damn! I need more money... I've got to have one of those!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What's an FAL?
Why do people want them?
Do I want one too?

It's a fucking fall you moron... see: F-A-L... Fall... like a trip or something

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#25]
How durable is the rear sight? It looks very volnurable sitting on top of the cover with no protection. I understand that it is only adjustable for windage while you move the front post for elevation. How do you move the rear aperature?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Check out the movie "Heat" with Al Pacino.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Isn't that the gun Pacino used in Heat?

You bad Brou...You very bad!!  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:23:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Everyone needs at least one FAL. I had 5 at one time, but my need for a large variety of evil rifles forced me to sell. More than 90 free countries can be wrong.  FAL's are super reliable and can punch through cover unlike the AR.  That should be enough reason to won one right there.

I'm keeping this one:  I have wet dreams about this one.

And this one is going gone: (check the EE)
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
What's an FAL?
Why do people want them?
Do I want one too?

Old Belgian battle rifle (7.62x51 NATO (.308))...

Generally superior in design to the M14 (more modern materials, no wood, no gooseneck stock), although the M14 has more accuracy potential...  

Generally inferior in design & accuracy to an AR-10 style rifle, but much cheaper to buy...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#32]
You guys have messed me up so bad.  First, I went on an AR shopping spree until I had no more money to spend.  Now, I'm stalking the web for a GREAT deal on a DSA FAL tactical.  Maybe I'm setting the bar to high, but F*&K it!  I want one dammit.  Why did you do this to me?!?!?!?!?!  First I couldn't stop thinking of ARs.  Now I cant stop thinking of DSA FALs.  What's next?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top