Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 6:49:16 PM EDT
I was shooting a couple of .22 pistols today down by my barn using the Aguilla Super Collibri rounds and not doing too bad. I had a piece of 3/8 inch CDX with plenty of knots for targets and was hitting about as good as I can shoot freehand.  My wife was shooting her .22 S&W Kit Gun and doing well also.  After she got tired of shooting and went back to the house to fix supper I decided to try the knots on some railroad tie blocks that I haven't split yet for firewood.  This was a total head up ass thing to do, I'll admit.  In hind sight it should have registered in my brain that those tugs at my pants legs were ricochets but not untill the hornet like sting in my left upper arm did I get a clue to stop.  My fault totally. It didn't penetrate but whopped the hell out of my arm and raised a knot. The 3/8 inch plywood was leaned up against the barn wall and slowed the bullet down enough so that it was only hitting the wall and falling into the grass. The tie block just threw it right back at me.  

Use a proper back stop when shooting these little rounds. Those little bastards hurt.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
snip  

Use a proper back stop when shooting these little rounds. Those little bastards hurt.

I bet they could kill under the right(wrong) circumestances.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I kill squirrels in my yard with these rounds. Should have known better.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I've killed two possums with those now. Along with squirrels and small birds.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Ammoman doesn't have these anymore.  Where did you get yours?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ammoman doesn't have these anymore.  Where did you get yours?

Cheaper than dirt had them for about $5.50 per brick. I bought two to try out.  Should have bought about ten bricks. They aren't real accurate but fun to shoot AT squirrels. I usually hit about 4 out of ten head shots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top