Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 4:54:31 PM EDT
If you have can you tell me where one can get the shoes that Tommy Jones had on his feet.  They look like they might make some pretty good camp shoes if the sole is thick enough.

And for shits I would also like to find a place that had that knife too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I recall seeing somwhere that the shoes that he wore were made by wardrobe just for the movie , but  I could be wrong . Two different makers made slightly different versions of the knife , one being TOPS ,  can't remember the other one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The knife is made by TOPS. It's called the Tom Brown Tracker. Retail is close to $300. Got a smaller cousin now too.

Can't help you with the shoes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
dumb movie
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks on the knife.

What about the shoes though.

I agree it was a dumb movie.  But it had it's moments.  Like when the credits started rolling.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
That movie was incredibly stupid.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Dammit, I thought this would be about that cool ninja vs. samurai flick...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Did the shoes look like this?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Did the shoes look like this?
www.buyhappyfeet.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Patr_320x235.jpg

Ah, NO.

But I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a reason why no one wears those kind of boots.  

Find me one elite military unit, one police tactical team, any reputable, HSLD outfit that wears Ninja boots.

There aren't any.

The offer no support and have ZERO traction.

Unless of course, you use Ninja Magic.

I tried wearing several styles of mocasion-soled boots back when I used to bow hunt.  I gave up on them and went back to regular boots.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I loved that movie. The gratuitous violence and torture was a cut above. One of the women I work with got pissed that I recommended it to her. Her husband said, “What do you expect from a movie Robert recommended?”  

Edited to add: Sorry, I mixed up movies here. For some reason I mixed it up with The Missing
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Find me one elite military unit, one police tactical team, any reputable, HSLD outfit that wears Ninja boots.

There aren't any.

I tried wearing several styles of mocasion-soled boots back when I used to bow hunt.  I gave up on them and went back to regular boots.

I just want these as camp shoes.  Not running around the woods like an injun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Movie sucked, cheap rip-off of First Blood.  Forging a knife in the woods while you are being chased?  That's even a stretch by Hollywood standards!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll agree that those shoes were nonsense.  No tread?  You would fall flat on your ass.  Forging a knife in the woods?  Sure, if you had weeks to do it.  The knife fights were awesome though, a lot more realistic than the typical hollywood karate bullshit.  You gotta love Oregon!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There aren't any.

I just want these as camp shoes.  Not running around the woods like an injun.

Ok then, I take back my partial-flame.  They might make nice camp shoes....except for wet feet.

[Note: also kicked myself in the ass for not reading your post fully]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Movie sucked, cheap rip-off of First Blood.  Forging a knife in the woods while you are being chased?  That's even a stretch by Hollywood standards!

Yep, there were several times when I thought they were going to start quoting First Blood word for word.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#16]
merrell makes shoes like that.

Comfortable to walk and jog in, but damn you better be carefull when walking on a smooth wet surface.

Waterproof ones actually work and keep the feet dry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top