Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 12:23:55 PM EDT
My Friend has a concealed carry permit from his state INDIANA. He moved to North Carolina is his permit still valid here? What does he need to di if not?

Thanks Larry
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Check packing.org or the NRA website.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

PACKING.ORG  INDIANA

It says Reciprocity With Indiana. Whats that soposed to mean?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PACKING.ORG  INDIANA

That means his license is good there.

He's ok to carry.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PACKING.ORG  INDIANA

He's ok to carry.

THANKYOU
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PACKING.ORG  INDIANA

He's ok to carry.

Better check the legality of that being that since he moved his IN permit is no longer a valid RESIDENT permit.  He will have to check into Indiana's regs on obtaining a non-resident permit!  And make sure NC accepts non-resident carry permits!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]
He may not be ok to carry.  In some states, if you are a resident, you must have a home-state permit (reciprocity only applies to non-residents).  I have no idea if NC is one of those states, but if I was the one carrying, I'd definitely make sure before doing so...

SAB
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
CRAP NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL HIM? HOW ABOUT THE SHERIFFS OFFICE?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#8]
If he's not willing to research and understand the laws himself, he has no business carrying. I guess it's nice of you to try to help him out, but this is not that complicated.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]
It is very simple. If he moved to NC he is now a NC resident. The IN permit is void. He needs to get a NC permit in order to carry.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PACKING.ORG  INDIANA

He's ok to carry.

if he moved and gets a new drivers license, the indiana permit will most likely NOT be valid.  he will need to take the NC CWP course and get a new permit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If he's not willing to research and understand the laws himself, he has no business carrying. I guess it's nice of you to try to help him out, but this is not that complicated.

Well he is one of my teachers and he doesnt realy have any freinds down here and doesnt know many of the gunshops. I dont think he is too swift on the internet.

OKAY?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It is very simple. If he moved to NC he is now a NC resident. The IN permit is void. He needs to get a NC permit in order to carry.

+1

He needs to take the course, and go through the process at the county sheriff's office.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Have him contact the NC state AG.  In writing.  I did so to confirm my non-resident permits were valid in states I frequently visit (feel-good factor and CYA paperwork to keep in the vehicle). I prompty received a signed letter answering my quesion on each state's AG letterhead. Simple and definate.

Besides, why not support the local CCW efforts and stats by getting the damned permit. It's not that hard.

rvb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top