Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 9:01:22 AM EDT
Do you think he'll get assassinated?  Don't get me wrong, as much as I don't like the guy I'm not condoning the assassination of an elected official, I'm just asking if whether or not you guys think someone would make an attempt. Seeing as there are many people, ourselves included who have VERY strong negative feelings towards this person I wouldn't be surprised.

Digital
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#1]
No.  I don't think conservatives are as radical or would result to such ends to justify a means.  Look around now.  Liberals are the ones vandalizing campaign offices and assaulting employees.  They are the ones that commit fraud at the ballot boxes, they are the ones getting arrested by the hundreds in acts of "civil disobedience"

I think there are better ways for dealing with Kerry in office.  The best way is having a conservative congress stalemate him on everything from every  paper clip he wants to buy on up
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Biggest threat the current or any future President faces is from radical Islam, and I bet they will eventually get one of our Presidents.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Hillarry

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Biggest threat the current or any future President faces is from radical Islam, and I bet they will eventually get one of our Presidents.

GunLvr

But it would not be Kerry.  He is their friend.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do you think he'll get assassinated?  Don't get me wrong, as much as I don't like the guy I'm not condoning the assassination of an elected official, I'm just asking if whether or not you guys think someone would make an attempt. Seeing as there are many people, ourselves included who have VERY strong negative feelings towards this person I wouldn't be surprised.

Digital

Naaah...the GOP-controlled Congress will just stonewall Kerry at every turn...just wait until he tries to appoint any Supreme Court Justices...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Digital

Naaah...the GOP-controlled Congress will just stonewall Kerry at every turn...just wait until he tries to appoint any Supreme Court Justices...

Oh yeah, they'll fall to pieces so fast, you could get hit with the shrapnel.  The Republicans in Congress have rarely acted like they were actually in power.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]
A great number of people had very negative feeling towards Bill Clinton as well as President Bush.  Noone's getting assassinated unless it's from the lunatic lone gunman.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I think he will die from a broken back.  All that flip-flopping is bad for the spine.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
No, for how much Bush was hated, he never got assasinated.  Kerry never will.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope.

I am still worried about Bush since he is a "0" president. Lincoln wasn't shot until the second term.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#11]
nope.  conservatives are smarter and muslims will love him.

on a hypothetical side note i just thought of, what happens if a non-incumbent wins and somehow both he and his running mate are unable to take office b/w election day and inaguaration day? who would be swore in?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I would sure hope not. Besides the fact that a president would be murdered, imagine what would happen with gun control. It would be like GCA '68 all over again.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#13]
no

but ARs will go up a lot

and it does not fit the "zero factor"
notice how every president elected since the early 1800s that has been elected in a yr ending in "0" has died during his presidency--lincoln, jfk, harding??, fdr, mckinley, harrison, etc
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
no

but ARs will go up a lot

and it does not fit the "zero factor"
notice how every president elected since the early 1800s that has been elected in a yr ending in "0" has died during his presidency--lincoln, jfk, harding??, fdr, mckinley, harrison, etc

Reagan broke that cycle.
Shot but survived.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

on a hypothetical side note i just thought of, what happens if a non-incumbent wins and somehow both he and his running mate are unable to take office b/w election day and inaguaration day? who would be swore in?

I would guess succession.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so the speaker of the house would be sworn in as President on inauguration day?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the Captain and Spock get it, Scotty takes the Con...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think he will die from a broken back.  All that flip-flopping is bad for the spine.

Jellyfish don't have spines
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the Captain and Spock get it, Scotty takes the Con...

what if power in congress shifts due to the election? would the new power in Congress elect the new President by electing a speaker?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Nope.

I am still worried about Bush since he is a "0" president. Lincoln wasn't shot until the second term.

"Cheney could be President".
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#21]
OH, NOW I get it!

Te-RAY-zah & HILLary would take over!

I shoulda thoughtta that sooner.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Kerry being elected would be bad but so long as the house and senate are majority Republican SKerry couln't really effect to much change!!!!!  GO VOTE!!!!!!!!! GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!  GO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!  ALWAYS VOTE!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#23]

If Kerry wins, i am gonna cry for the next 4 years.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#24]
It won't happen, either your title or your theory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top