Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2001 10:31:31 AM EDT
Help!
I've been trying to put back together a WW2 era Colt made 1911A1 frame that I got off an old mix-master. I have found all the 'correct' parts except for the slide. I thought I had found a Colt made one on Ebay, but the finnish is much too dark [almost charcoal gray] not the light OD green/grey of the frame. I was wondering if anyone had an extra used Colt slide they would sell that is close to the right color. I have had great success matching the small parts, but the slide needs to be the lighter color grey/green in about 80% or better condition. [I'm trying to not refinish the gun as the original finish on the frame and small parts are very good]

Are there any good sources for WW2 Colt parts?

Thanks for ANY help!

[email] [email protected] [/email]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#1]
A letter to Gun Parts Corp in West Hurley New York, might get some results.  Also online at:
www.e-gunparts.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top