Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 6:50:14 PM EDT
What was the world's largest dragline ever produced?

How are they transported, being that they can reach 10 stories in height and weigh hundreds of tons?

Anyone have any pics?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet the draglines that remove whole mountains in WV and PA to get at the coal that feeds the mills are the biggest in the world.  I'm guessing they are transported in modules, then assembled on site.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The biggest I ever saw was well over 200 yards per scoop.   They are brought in by rail and assembled on-site.  the cost of one is about $1M per yard.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Google "Big Muskee"
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Just your run of the mill ditch digger.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Drag lines are assembled on site and are PERMANENT! It's much cheaper to buy a new one than to move one somewhere else.

I looked at a job one time that had a big dragline on it that you had to get rid of! LOT OF STEEL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top