Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 2:02:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
nice to see, but really shouldnt mean any more to us than hollywood assholes for kerry
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I care about athletes who are voting for Bush as much as I care about actors who support Kerry.

ETA:  I just saw the John Elway is on the list.  He matters
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#3]
What he said. Nice to see, but that's about as far as it goes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I care about athletes who are voting for Bush as much as I care about actors who support Kerry.

ETA:  I just saw the John Elway is on the list.  He matters

Yep...its pretty cool to see though. I've noticed none of them have been loudmouthed assholes, unlike a certain other candidates buddies.

edit: Isn't Malone a big time gun owner?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey I'm just trying to show you not all athletes are stuck up jerks.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
they thought they were getting some bush, so they signed up
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I put them a notch HIGHER than the asshats who support Kerry. They aren't throwing "hate" parties and they aren't preaching. They're just making the statement that not all celebrities are liberal loudmouth idiots. Plus, it takes MORE courage to come out for a president as hated in celeb circles as Bush, than it does to tow the party line of idiocy. And there's MORE... these people are THE BEST at what they do/did... they worked hard for it and they acheived excellence. Entertainment celebs are not always high acheivers in most real senses. Tell me what Sharon Stone, Martin Sheen, et all are so good at. There are a million actors out there, and the famous ones are not always the best ones. In sports, the best are generally the sames ones who are famous.

No... it doesn't change how I think and vote. But I think it does these fine individuals a grave disservice to put them in the exact category as the buffoons.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

funny, I don't see ellens name on there

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

shes not an athlete
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

shes not an athlete

i thought muff diving was an extreme sport?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice to see Bernie Kosar on the list.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll take an athelete's opinion over an actor's any day of the week. Atheletes like football players are the pinacle of success and had to work from peewee football to JV to Varsity to College and the NFL. They have been tested at every turn and are the top 1% of 1% out there. On the other hand, while talented actors are working off of what they were born with. They have a "look" that they were born with. All that they have to do is pretend to be something that they are not. Atheletes routienly (okay not baseball players) have to take drug tests and are constantly scrutinized at every turn while actors can act with impunity. Actors are the scum of the earth. I heard someone call Morgan Freeman the "most moral man in Hollywood". While Mr. Freeman may be a "moral man", saying that someone is the "most moral man in Hollywood" is like pointing out the least filthy cockroach.  All of Hollywood is filthy. Atheletes on the other hand must be at the peak of physical fitness and mental sharpness.

When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter to me that pro atheletes are voting one way or the other. But it is comforting to know that my favorite quarterback (Matt Hasselbeck) and all-time favorite wide reciever (Stever Largent) are voting republican.

ETA: Go SEAHAWKS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top