Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 1:34:09 PM EDT
We all know that Iran has been playing cat and mouse with UN weapons inspectors for the last year. We also know that the top moo-la has told the Iranian nuclear scientists that if they don't produce 2 nuclear weapons by January, then they are not moo-lums (this is undoubtedly code for "we're gonna kill you").

Do you think that once the election is over we will immedately have to deal with the situation in Iran?

If Bush wins, is war with Iran imminent?

If Kerry wins, would he go to war with Iran to prevent them from developing a nuclear weapon?

If Kerry wins, there will undoubtedly be prolonged negotiations with Iran. Would Kerry go to war with Iran if war were to become necessary?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What your missing is that if Kerry is elected well have to have the SAT/ACT guys make up  a global test to see if we should go to war.  I wonder if its multiple choice, short answer, or essay?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We all know that Iran has been playing cat and mouse with UN weapons inspectors for the last year. We also know that the top moo-la has told the Iranian nuclear scientists that if they don't produce 2 nuclear weapons by January, then they are not moo-lums (this is undoubtedly code for "we're gonna kill you").

Do you think that once the election is over we will immedately have to deal with the situation in Iran? Only if Bush is elected

If Bush wins, is war with Iran imminent? yes

If Kerry wins, would he go to war with Iran to prevent them from developing a nuclear weapon?no

If Kerry wins, there will undoubtedly be prolonged negotiations with Iran. Would Kerry go to war with Iran if war were to become necessary? See Jimmy Carter on what Democrats do with Iran

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The problem we are having is we are restricted by 100 years of what US armies can do, what police can do, and what governments legally can do. Our opponents have none of this baggage and my answer to your question we are already at war with Iran. I am sure that we are attacked by officials already INSIDE the govt of Iran supporting the terrorists in Iraq and elsewhere like Hezbollah.....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I bet if Kerry wins and we do go to war, he'll still march in anti-war rallys.

But to be realistic, Kerry won't win - no way.

After Bush wins, I believe it would take up to 2 years before and ground troops would be commited - up to a year before any airstrikes would occur.  And that's if Iran flat-out snubs the U.S.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Even if Horse face wins he will be tested you can be sure.....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If Kerry wins, would he go to war with Iran to prevent them from developing a nuclear weapon?

If Kerry wins, there will undoubtedly be prolonged negotiations with Iran. Would Kerry go to war with Iran if war were to become necessary?

If the United Nations approves war, then Kerry would go to war, as long as noone gets hurts.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

After Bush wins, I believe it would take up to 2 years before and ground troops would be commited - up to a year before any airstrikes would occur.  And that's if Iran flat-out snubs the U.S.

I don't think that ground troops would be necessary. I think that we could effect regieme change in Iran with an air war coupled with material and logistical support for a popular resistence.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#8]
yes it will happen - we will have troops there
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Right now the aftermath instability in Iraq has to be straigthened out first, we ahve to stay the course, if Democracy works in Iraq then all these religious zealots will really shit their pants especailly Eygpt and Iran....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Right now the aftermath instability in Iraq has to be straigthened out first, we ahve to stay the course, if Democracy works in Iraq then all these religious zealots will really shit their pants sheets especailly Eygpt and Iran....

Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think that ground troops would be necessary. I think that we could effect regieme change in Iran with an air war coupled with material and logistical support for a popular resistence.

We would have aftermath instability in Iran also and I think Iraq has to work first maybe the Iraquis will have some scores to settle in Iran....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#12]
We've been at war with Iran since 1979.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I think Israel will deal with them before we have to,or get the ball rolling that direction.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are still preparing for the war we want to fight, Iran is gonna be the conflict we cannot avoid, hopefully we will will invade with 100,00 Iraquis I am sure they want some payback for the 10 year stalemate....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#16]
No matter WHO wins, the Israeli's might just make the choice for us in the next few weeks.

With the (Successful) test yesterday of Iran's new missile that's able to reach Israel and the Iranians continuing efforts to enrich uranium ("For PEACEFUL purposes") I think it's a done deal (An Israeli attack).

With Israel announcing a couple of weeks ago that Iran would reach the "Point of no return" sometime in early November (Right AFTER the election in the US) I'm just waitin' to see who's airspace they blow through on their way to hit it.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm just waitin' to see who's airspace they blow through on their way to hit it.

The bad guys dont go by the rules and the Isrealis never go by the rules.....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Count on it if Bush get re-elected. It probably won't be for a year to 2 yr. but it will have to happen. Iran will try their damndest to develop a weapon. They said that is their aim, and to use it on Israel.

If Kerry wins, Israel will get nuked, and Kerry will still be standing around with his thumb up his ass not knowing what the hell to do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#19]
"Old Europe" is right now trying to negotiate a Clinton type deal with Iran.  They build lightwater reactors if Iran comes clean on the nuclear program.

Any bets on how it works out?  (see North Korea)

www.csmonitor.com/2004/1021/dailyUpdate.html

Edit to add link to story.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#20]
One word...Osirak...'nuff said...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Is war with Iran imminent?

Eventually ...yep.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Let's hope so.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Imminant ?

Look at a map!This game has been playing for 4 years.
Iran is in checkmate.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Well. let's see...

Iran claims that they want to develop nuclear power in order to produce electricity.

Iran currently uses natural gas to produce electricity.

Iran is located directly on top of the BIGGEST FUGGIN NATURAL GAS RESERVE ON THE PLANET and it costs them almost nothing to produce or refine, so they are already essentially getting free electricity.

Iran needs nuclear power for electricity?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#25]
It would be nice if Iran would implode...I think it will...eventually. Unfortunately, the mullahs are pushing the issue because they KNOW what is about to happen. My take is that yes, war is coming with Iran, if...big IF...they do not re-align from within before it can happen. The Israelis will, you can be sure, strike them sooner or later if there is not a dramatic and sudden change in their outlook, no matter what we say or do. To not do so would be insanity on their part and they are anything BUT insane. I think Bush has managed to hold them off so far because of the election, but I also think the co-ordinates are already loaded and the bombs ready to go. My guess for a date is somewhere around five days after a Bush win...sooner if SKerry wins. UN sanctions will make zero difference...note that today...finally...Bush has officialy mentioned the oil-for-food program and the countries who benefitted from it, including France, Germany and Russia. This will probably shut the involved countries up about what we do with Iran and Syria as well. If possible we or the Israelis will provoke the Iranians somehow prior to the bombing...but bet your ass on it...the bombs WILL fall, and soon!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#26]
If Kerry wins Israel and Iran will square off.

If Bush wins we do the job.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Imminent?  No.

Probable?  Yes.

Inevitable?  Absolutely.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Israel will likely bomb Iran after the election.

I think we should help them do it (provide refuelling, etc).

It will help us by giving us deniability, and the Israelis will be able to regain some of the deterrance effect they lost by withdrawing from Lebanon, the Olso Peace War Accords, etc.

Let's just not condemn Israel this time around (we condemned the Osirak attack in 1981).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top