Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 4:05:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
the way I read it, is if you're NOT the intended recepient, then they don't want you spreading it around......

since it was sent to you, you cand do whatever the hell you want with it.

BUT.  I'm not a lawyer.  I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night.

besides, i've seen that tag on all sorts of emails, I just ignore it - i've seen it attached to emails with friggin announcements that are supposed to be made public, etc etc etc.  To me, its kinda like those pesky EULAs that no one ever reads.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn....I was just eating there when I was visiting six months ago. Richardson is where I was born (Well...technically in the firestation there....birth cert says Dallas Hospital.)

I still remember when my mom invited the firefighters who delivered me in the back of an ambulance there to my fourth birthday party. (in '89)

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Do a search on Georgetown murders then forward that story to him. There was a case in G-town (DC) a few years ago where robbers ordered the three employees into the freezer then shot them each in the forehead execution style.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Send this back

www.pcgraffiti.com/PalatineNews.htm

7 killed by 19 year old thrill seekers in the freezer.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#5]
JSteensen,

That is so outstanding!  Born in an ambulance.  Man I would be so proud of that.  I would get a shirt made up:  "I was born in an ambulance and all I got was a slap on the ass and a used blanket."

I bet your mom is a pretty cool lady.

BTW, I was a totally unplanned pregnancy, and proud of it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]

… "When I seen he only had his hand as a gun, I got mad." At that point, he said he grabbed a hammer and hit the suspect in the head. This is in the employee's
signed statement. …

Question is – did the employee strike the robber in self-defense, or simply because he was mad at him?

If it was the latter, then things are very different.

Still, why did LJS add the gratuitous statement about the risks involved in resisting a robbery if that isn’t the issue?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Mom got married at 16...had me at 17, I was born a month and a half early.

She is most definately one class lady, everyone always hangs out at my house cause my mom doesn't nag (more than she needs to to keep me and me friends straight - hehe.)

Cooler part (kinda creepy): Dad was supposed to get on a airplane the day I was born. He got call just as he was getting ready to board. Came straight to the hospital. Plane was bound for Austin, I think it was. Plane crashed, everyone died Dad didn't cause I was born.

And yes, when things won't go my way, I hold that over his head.

John

Oh yes... </hijack>
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
The employee here fucked up by saying he struck the guy in anger.   Shit, that will get you charged with murder and I guarantee you that statement will show up in any trial against the employee.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#10]
He should call the "Texas Hammer" and sue their Long John asses.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
He should call the "Texas Hammer" and sue their Long John asses.  

You had to bring him up didn't you.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#13]
If they are truely concerned about the safety of the employess and customers they would stop serving that greasy crap they call fish.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#15]
So LJS is saying their number one concern is the safety of their employees and they want to ensure that safety by not having the employees defend themselves but have the employees comply with the demands of the criminal.  What this really shows is that LJS is only concerned about the financial liabilities that will result from the employee defending himself and injuring/killing the criminal.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The employee here fucked up by saying he struck the guy in anger.   Shit, that will get you charged with murder and I guarantee you that statement will show up in any trial against the employee.  

"i feared for my life.  i don't wish to say anything further until i meet with my lawyer."
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"i feared for my life.  i don't wish to say anything further until i meet with my lawyer."

That's my point exactly, this is what the employee should have said.  

I am not questioning his decision to attack the guy, but he screwed himself by saying that particular statement.  
If I was Long John Corp. I would terminate him as well.  There is a lawsuit coming, and that statement (that he struck in anger) is going to show up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Actually that disclaimer is valid. You take Proprietary or Privileged Information and misuse it.  They can take civil action.  Might even be open to criminal prosecution.  Printing it here wasn' the most brilliant thing you could do

Will they get upset and do something??? Who knows?

Wwhen I get mis-sent faxes I see if it appears to be importaant and if yes I call and tell them they sent it to the wrong place and to take my fax number off their list.  Or if I am having a bad day I DON'T call them and let them know it went to the wrong place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top