Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 3:11:13 PM EDT
Checkout part 9 of Annie Jacobsens article on United 925 in June 2004.

www.womenswallstreet.com
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
How do I find the article?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Linky?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link I found;
www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/article_landing.aspx?titleid=1&articleid=711

More than one page so I wont quote. As far as being a "band" that could be their "day job" and terrorist by night...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
And that's another thing. The damn TSA won't let me take my pocket knife on a plane but they'll let people take their cell phones and lap top computer on. For Budda's sake, how in hell do you think a tango will set of a bomb if they can smuggle it on board,  with a cell phone of lap top computer.  They need to stop these techno geeks from taking their electonics on board if I'm not going to be allowed to take a freakin' pocket knife.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They need to stop these techno geeks from taking their electonics on board if I'm not going to be allowed to take a freakin' pocket knife.

What the public needs to do is STOP FLYING until the politicians finally get it and start profiling real terrorists instead of shaking down little old ladies and the like. I fly as a last resort (on business only) because I can't stand being treated like a criminal while Achmed walks by while TSA is afraid of "offending" him. What a load of #@!%.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got no choice, got to fly for work alot- next trip Nov 1st out of Logan.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...fly for work alot- next trip Nov 1st out of Logan.

Me too - I'm prolly flying to Logan next week.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is this the WSJ writer who saw some arabs on a plane that supposedly turned out to be a band?

Yup..

Snopes it. She's out of her head.

False

<snip>According to federal air marshals, Ms. Jacobsen "overreacted":

Undercover federal air marshals on board a June 29 Northwest airlines flight from Detroit to LAX identified themselves after a passenger, "overreacted," to a group of middle-eastern men on board, federal officials and sources have told KFI NEWS.

The passenger, later identified as Annie Jacobsen, was in danger of panicking other passengers and creating a larger problem on the plane, according to a source close to the secretive federal protective service.

"The lady was overreacting," said the source. "A flight attendant was told to tell the passenger to calm down; that there were air marshals on the plane." <snip>
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I think they should hand everyone that gets on a bat.  Then run a cell phone jammer on every plane.

(Hell I'd like to see cell jammers in every restaurant, theater and church too)

Then they should make any Muslim who's ever lived in Iran, Syria, Iraq, 'stan,  or pakistan to ride on their own plane.  well, just kidding.  Well, no not really....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top