Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:39:51 PM EDT
I found an OTC Monitor 2000 on ebay, but I need a memory module for a 1995 Chevrolet Truck.  Anyone have an idea of where to get one? Google searches have been fruitless so far.

Thanks,
bd
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
If I recall correctly, I used the Monitor 2000 when I worked at a Pontiac dealer in the mid to late 1980's.

If that is the case, they probably didn't make a module for 1995.  I believe by 1995, GM was already using a Tech 1 or 2 made by Vetronix.  The OTC tool was most likely out dated by then.

I will check when I get home, because I think I still have the Monitor 2000.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If I recall correctly, I used the Monitor 2000 when I worked at a Pontiac dealer in the mid to late 1980's.

If that is the case, they probably didn't make a module for 1995.  I believe by 1995, GM was already using a Tech 1 or 2 made by Vetronix.  The OTC tool was most likely out dated by then.

I will check when I get home, because I think I still have the Monitor 2000.

Yeah, it looks like you're right.  Let me know what you find out.  Thanks for the help.

bd
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The OTC monitor 2000 will not work on a 1995 Chev.  You need a Tech II or comparable OBD II scan tool.  What type of problem are you having?  I work for a multi-line automotive group that has a few GM stores in the group.  I would be happy to help you if I can.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
It's actually my brother's suburban. He's been having emissions issues and has replaced his O2 sensor and done a tune up, but it still won't pass emissions in TX. No visible smoke coming from the exhaust, but it has 140k plus miles.

If you have any ideas, let me know.

Thanks,
bd
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:37:00 AM EDT
[#6]
If there is no MIL illuminated (check engine light)...he will probably need to enlist a shop that has a 5 gas exhaust analyzer to pinpoint the problem.  He may possibly have a catalytic converter that is not doing its job.  Just a thought...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If there is no MIL illuminated (check engine light)...he will probably need to enlist a shop that has a 5 gas exhaust analyzer to pinpoint the problem.  He may possibly have a catalytic converter that is not doing its job.  Just a thought...

Yep, check engine light is on. I appreciate your help.  I'll get him to post directly or IM you.

Thanks again,

bd
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Let me know what code is set... and I can email you the diagnostics for that code...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top