Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 3:25:53 PM EDT
". . . the Revolutionary War could have been avoided.  It was an unnecessary war. "

We have already had a Communist President! I mean, besides FDR. And LBJ. And Clinton. Hell, just read the transcript.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That guy is just unfvckingbelievable.  He has absolutely no balls does he?

That reminds me, I was banned from DU for saying Jimmy was a pussy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Unbelievable!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Carter is a fucking idiot.

"CARTER:  Well, one parallel is that the Revolutionary War, more than any other war up until recently, has been the most bloody war we‘ve fought.  I think another parallel is that in some ways the Revolutionary War could have been avoided.  It was an unnecessary war. "

WTF?  English, do you speak it motherfucker?!

The Revolutionary war was the most bloody war we've fought? "Until recently".

Uh, sorry Jimmuh, that record goes to the War Between the States.  2nd runner up is World War 2.  Only an senile fucker such as yourself could think of the Civil War as "recently".

Furthermore, how the fuck does that parallel the IRaq war?

How the hell did this idiot get elected president?

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, no need to read it.

Georgia...

Proud of Zell Miller

Ashamed of Jimmy Carter.

That man just loves licking dictator's asses.  

I'm still amazed he didn't get us all killed back then.  Then again, he is still trying...remember his 1990's trip to N. Korea?

Scott
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Fucking coward. When is he going to STFU?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
He's an idiot.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Jimmy Carter is an ignorant imbecile if I remember right the Revolutionary war had fewer that 15000 total US combat deaths.

Just off the top of my head

The Civil War was in excess of 240,000+ UNION dead
WWI 100,000+
WWII 400,000+
Korea 50,000+
Vietnam 55,000+

MATTHEWS:  Let me ask you the question about—this is going to cause some trouble with people—but as an historian now and studying the Revolutionary War as it was fought out in the South in those last years of the War, insurgency against a powerful British force, do you see any parallels between the fighting that we did on our side and the fighting that is going on in Iraq today?

CARTER:  Well, one parallel is that the Revolutionary War, more than any other war up until recently, has been the most bloody war we‘ve fought.  I think another parallel is that in some ways the Revolutionary War could have been avoided.  It was an unnecessary war.

Had the British Parliament been a little more sensitive to the colonial‘s really legitimate complaints and requests the war could have been avoided completely, and of course now we would have been a free country now as is Canada and India and Australia, having gotten our independence in a nonviolent way.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#8]
IDIOT!!!

As far as unnecessary war, that's only valid if  "please" works.  I didn't think so.

Right you all are on the War between the States being bloodiest.  If you want an "unnecessary" war, my vote goes to WWI.  Nothing for us, the Zimmermann telegram notwithstanding.  And, all the other ones in the 20th century derived from that.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#9]
GODDAMN FUCKER!!!

So then the 444 day Iran-Hostage crisis was avoidable if only our President at the time had been more "seeeeeeeeensitive" to the demands the Iranian revolutionary "insurgents" were making towards our support of their dictatorial tyrant the Shah by the President at that time right?

No of course not. You see Carter was dealing with an "ill-advised" extremist in the Ayatollah Khomeni while GWBush was dealing with a very rational leader in Saddam Hussein.

I finally decided that if I did attack Iran, I could have destroyed Iran with our weaponry. There‘s no question about that.  But our hostages would have been lost.  And also tens of thousands of innocent Iranians would have been lost.  

Yeah, it worked out SOOOOOO much better for America and the world by letting Khomeni and his MoslemMaggots fester and spread their terrorist-networks all throughout the region.

Hey you fuckhead - where are all these "insurgents" now streaming into Iraq that we're now fighting coming from???

IRAN - that's where they're coming from!!!?

So NOW we're fighting against the very terrorists that YOU were too afraid to face down when they COULD have "destroyed" them 25 years ago.

AND... Iran is now an even WORSE terrorist rats-nest than when you were president and is even on the verge of having nuclear weapons too!

Thanks a lot you fucking asshole!!

And the people of Iraq being slaughtered every day by the spawn of YOUR incompetence thank you too!!

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I think all of those little green liver pills must have a side effect of causing irreversible brain damage!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#12]
"Jimmy, wake up, time for school!"

GM
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#13]
A lot of his family died of pancreatic cancer.  Why he dodged it is anyone's guess.  He is without a doubt the most clueless idiot we ever elected president.  If we hadn't endured Watergate, he wouldn't have had a chance.  He was an incredible weenie when he was president and he's gotten worse with age.

Trying to talk some sense into him would be like trying to teach an elephant ballet.  You'd have more luck with the elephant.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Carter's right.  We didn't need to break free of Britian.  If we wanted to a pussy subserviant bitch to the British Empire, we were certainly free to be so.

It wasn't necessary to fight the Mexicans, the Germans, on and on and on.

Carter is unique, in that he is the first truly anti-American president.  He's fascinateing for that alone.

I cant wait the miserable bastard dies.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#15]

CARTER:  Well, one parallel is that the Revolutionary War, more than any other war up until recently, has been the most bloody war we‘ve fought.  I think another parallel is that in some ways the Revolutionary War could have been avoided.  It was an unnecessary war.

Had the British Parliament been a little more sensitive to the colonial‘s really legitimate complaints and requests the war could have been avoided completely, and of course now we would have been a free country now as is Canada and India and Australia, having gotten our independence in a nonviolent way.

I think in many ways the British were very misled in going to war against America and in trying to enforce their will on people who were quite different from them at the time.

What he is saying is that the British could have avoided conflict if they had accomodated the colonies concerns more. He is not saying that we were wrong to fight the revolutionary war when they continued to violate our rights.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#16]
What SO blows me away about Carter (And I even "Gave" this to him when he was the POTUS) was that the man ISN'T an "Idiot" yet, he says the DUMBEST damn things!

That I disagree with about 99% of everything that comes out of the mans mouth and given that in these past couple of decades he's become something close to a DNC parrot doesen't change the fact that the dude WAS almost picked by  Hiram Rickover to head the US nuclear submarine fleet as his (Rickover's) successor.

Carter's too smart to be talkin' that shit.  I guess approval (From the dim scum he's thrown in with) is more important to him than facts or, at least, his own, honest, appraisal of history

Edit:  Just wanted to add that, just as I don't think the US AirForce makes fighter Pilots of "morons"
(As GWB is often refered to by the left) I can't believe that the US Navy commisions "Retards" as nuclear submarine commanders (As Carter was).
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Well the idiot went to Venezuela and declared the recent referendum on Hugo "I'm Fidel Castro's Salad Tosser" Chavez's presidency as valid and fair.  Valid.  And fair.  The most crooked,  stuffed, stolen vote in Venezuela's history (and trust me, that's a pretty huge statement) was "valid and fair".
My Godmother was incredilous.  "Ese pendejo Jaime Carter es Chavista", she told me over the phone, which shocked me; I'd never heard my godmother cuss before.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I must conclude that while Jimmy was more intelligent, Billy was a whole hellavu lot smarter.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sorry, no need to read it.

Georgia...

Proud of Zell Miller

Ashamed of Jimmy Carter.

That man just loves licking dictator's asses.  

I'm still amazed he didn't get us all killed back then.  Then again, he is still trying...remember his 1990's trip to N. Korea?

Scott

+1000
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#20]
He is a dumbass.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#21]
He meant the British messed up not us.  

Meaning they should have just granted our independence.  

"I think in many ways the British were very misled in going to war against America and in trying to enforce their will on people who were quite different from them at the time."

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Unbelievable!

No Sir...It is not Unbelievabel at all

This Man is truley the most inept President we...err, I've  ever had to contend with
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE TAKES THIS IDIOT SERIOUSLY! HE'S A LUNATIC AND A TRULY IGNORANT JERK.  IF THERE WAS ANY WAR THAT WAS JUSTIFIED IT IS THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION. CARTER IS A LOSER! Sorry for the large type- but I can't stand Jimmy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#25]

now we would have been a free country now as is Canada and India and Australia, having gotten our independence in a nonviolent way.

Canada, India, and Australia are not free countries.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, I remember Jimmy Carter...his confiscatory policies gave us recession and gas lines and his administration's gross mishandling of monetary policy gave us years of "stagflation" and "malaise"...remember the double-digit inflation and the Prime Rate at 21%???

REAGAN SAVED THIS COUNTRY FROM DESTRUCTION!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Reagan dies of Alzheimer's after freeing the world of Communisjm, yet this fuckstick continues to plague the human race in general and America in particular with his unique brand of mental flatulence....

...Life truly isn't fair at all....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top