Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 8:49:05 AM EDT
Looks like Arnold doesn't care if he sleeps on the couch...What he said!

www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=domesticNews&storyID=6540445

Schwarzenegger Says Pro-Bush Speech Irked His Wife

MONTEREY, Calif. (Reuters) - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said on Monday that his speech backing President Bush at the Republican Convention in August resulted in a cold shoulder from his wife, Maria Shriver, a member of the famously Democratic Kennedy family.
"Well, there was no sex for 14 days,"(ouch! not a good thing to say in public.) Schwarzenegger told former White House Chief of Staff Leon Panetta in an on-stage conversation in front of 1,000 people.

"Everything comes with side effects," he said, drawing laughter from the crowd.

Panetta, a Democrat, had asked how Shriver, whose uncle was President John F. Kennedy, had reacted to his praised but partisan convention speech.

Schwarzenegger referred to Shriver several times in the 90-minute conversation.

"I don't know why I watched the presidential debates," he said. "If I want to watch a smart liberal Democrat and a Republican leader argue, all we have to do is go out to dinner. They were lucky. They only had to do it three times."(he's really trying to piss her off, huh?)

Asked about the difference between following Hollywood movie scripts and being on his own in politics, he quipped: "When you're married to my wife, you're never your own boss." (SNAP!)

California is expected to support Democratic challenger John Kerry in the election in two weeks, and Schwarzenegger, who faces re-election in 2006, has been careful not to offend the majority Democratic voters in his state.

"I think both (candidates) are doing a great job; it's very tedious to be out there campaigning a year and a half," he said at the Panetta Institute for Public Policy in Monterey. "You make one mistake and you lose the presidency."

Schwarzenegger said the one state where he might campaign for Bush outside of California was Ohio, where he owns a gym and sponsors an annual body building competition.

"I said to the president I'm perfectly willing to go to Ohio if he needs me there but I can't travel around from state to state because I'm working for the people of California," he said.

© Reuters 2004. All Rights Reserved.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
if it seperates the link to the kennedys, im all for it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#2]
He made a joke...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
If his wife treated him that way, then she deserves to be dumped....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#4]

She's a fool.  

He can dump her and get first rate POONTANG in a heartbeat.  

As far as divorce goes, she has as much to lose as him.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Kennedys don't get divorced, they get annulments.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Kennedys don't get divorced, they get annulments.

If Arnie takes a lesson from Uncle Ted, he'll take her on a drive over a bridge. Freakin' Kennedy's...America's disfunctional self imposed royal family.

Why can't Ted just develop heart problems like every other American male his age? Retire TED!!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Maria is a nice gal, too bad she is liberal. Very strange how someone who grows up with so much $$$ around can end up being a hard-core lib.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure he was joking and I think she's a closet conservative/republican anyway.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Sex is good if it is used as an enticement.  However, any wife who denies her husband conjugal rights for any reason other than abuse/addiction/adultery needs to be shown the door.

Arnold:  Maria, now!

Maria:  Uncle Ted is angry and you are cut off!

Arnold:  Out!  And don't let the screen door hit you where the Good Lord split you!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I like Arnold for the sheer fact that he has the chance to screw a Kennedy every chance he gets.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#11]
He needs to feed the scrawny woman a sammich.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top