Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 6:54:35 AM EDT
Can I get some opinions on this one.

www.acompinc.com/pmoreinfo.asp?iid=204282
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I do to, but, I need one of these things to start a business, and I do not have many FRN, so, I am looking for something that will do the job.

I have guns for sale in the EE.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Too difficult of a question?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
WTF is that generic ass processor? never heard of it
get the entry level dell, I think it's an inspiron 1000, maybe latitude 1000
a touch more expensive but it comes with XP with SP1 and a bunch of other programs in cluding an office suite (I think corel's) plus it has a faster processor that isn't some generic no name
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I am knowledgeable on this matter. I do not recommend it. You are leaving yourself zero room for growth. Laptop processors cannot be upgraded and you will be starting out way behind the curve. There is/will be software you may need for your business that may not run on this laptop. I agree with the recommendations on an entry level(or even refurbished) name brand laptop. Dell's are good, IBM's are good to.

Hope this helps.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#8]
You may want to add a CD-RW to that. The only output you will have is USB. Otherwise it looks great. I will recheck to b sure...hold on.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, you can add cheaper RAM later and you can upgrade the hard drive later also. Did you want to get AOL? Just wondering.

Looks really good, provided you get the CD burner. The only exception is if you are on a network.

Oh, Windows XP comes with usable built-in CD burning software.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks ByteTheBullet.

Quoted:
Ok, you can add cheaper RAM later and you can upgrade the hard drive later also. Did you want to get AOL? Just wondering.

Looks really good, provided you get the CD burner. The only exception is if you are on a network.

Oh, Windows XP comes with usable built-in CD burning software.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top