Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 9:50:38 PM EDT
It's my understanding that one can go into a national forest and go shooting for fun. Is this right?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind, the regulations on the ones near me say no target shooting allowed. DAMN IT.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I shoot in the national forests here.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:16:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I hunt in a National Forest every couple of years or so.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:19:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Each National Forest has diferent rules.  Most it's ok.  Around here the Angeles has over freaking reacted and it isn't legal except at designated areas, the San Bernardino has some open areas with restrictions based on proximity of "civilized" areas and the potential for flyers to come off the front range into the populated flat lands.

They can also have seasonal fire season bans on entry and or other activities.  So a blanket Yes or No would be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:21:40 AM EDT
[#5]
San Juan Nat'l forest in Colorado is no holds barred...except where posted.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:33:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Most National Forest now don’t allow for shooting or firearms possession outside of hunting. Some of the National Forest that do restrict shoot have shooting ranges where you can shoot so check they may have a range avaliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top