Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 2:53:55 PM EDT

My girl supprised me with the new glock e-tool. It seems sturdy, any one actually used one? how do they hold up?  What did every one else get?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
What the fuck is swettest day?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweatiest day?

Sweetest day?  

Swedish day?

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I celebrate Festivus, sorry.

And now, for the airing of greivances...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
During America's Great Depression, a man from Cleveland organized many people in an effort to provide a small token of friendship to the underprivileged, shut ins, orphans, and homeless.  Today the holiday has expanded to include small tokens of appreciation to friends and neighbors too.  These tokens of appreciation can be small gifts or small acts of kindness.  This event is repeated on the third Saturday in October.

It's been mutated over time into a second rate Valentines day.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask for a spell checker next year.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#6]
A Sweat Test  Day is when a girl gives you an unsolicited gift.  It really puts you on the spot because it is hard to dodge an increased level of commitment.  Hence the name: Sweat Test.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought some ammo at the gun show.  Mailed my form to the ATF for a can.

Does that stuff count?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the history Phil. I never knew what it was about, i only knew that i always get gifts.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Next time a girl tries to badger you about sweetest day you just slap her down with the cold hard facts about it's true origins, it has nothing to do with romance, it's about showing appreciation to the underprivleged and she's being selfish by expecting a gift.

I'd recommend you get your sweetest day pie first though, otherwise, NO PIE FOR YOU!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top