Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/16/2004 10:19:56 AM EDT
It seems that me, and other friends that are gun enthusiasts, all have had similar dreams where we're in a self-defense situation, but our gun doesn't want to fire. The trigger is all gummy and sticky, and it feels hard to pull it.

Seems weird that we have each at one point had a dream like this and I was wondering if anyone else had one like it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup. Not word-for-word, but precisely the same deal in practical terms. There was a thread about this awhile back. It seems to be very common.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
So I guess it wasn't a wet one, huh? I use to have a book that told what certain dreams may mean.  I'll try and dig it up. But no, ive never had that dream.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it happens to every gun owner I have spoken to about it.

I started shooting more, and the dreams went away.  My guns now work.

I think it has something to do with a lack of confidence in your abilities and equipment.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think it has something to do with a lack of confidence in your abilities and equipment.

well, maybe my confidence, but not equipment. Bushy and USP- perfect.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It seems that me, and other friends that are gun enthusiasts, all have had similar dreams where we're in a self-defense situation, but our gun doesn't want to fire. The trigger is all gummy and sticky, and it feels hard to pull it.

Seems weird that we have each at one point had a dream like this and I was wondering if anyone else had one like it.

Erectile dysfunction is a common problem, ....... you don't have to post a thinly disguised topic like this one to get help.  

There are drugs on the market these days that can help you.

You need not suffer any longer.  

I urge you to get help now!  

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Erectile dysfunction is a common problem, ....... you don't have to post a thinly disguised topic like this one to get help.  

Zen

comical.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
It means you're gay. Not the dream, the fact that you ask other men about your dream. Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, maybe my confidence, but not equipment. Bushy and USP- perfect.

Doesn't matter if you think you have confidence in your equipment, it is a sub-concious thing.

The more you shoot, the fewer of these dreams you will have.  Trust me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zen

Are you trying to say that he is concerned with the size of his "gun"?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It means you're gay.

+1

Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#11]
No Me
In My Dreams I Keep Dropping My mags.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#12]
It means you are sexually frustrated and that women aren't satisfying you.  That's why your friends are having similar dreams because subconsciously you are seeking out your own kind.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Dude, you have to read between the lines when you have a dream like this.

I have done this for you, by highlighting your post to show it's true meaning.  

To find out what your dream really means only read the parts in red.  

Hope this helps:  

Quoted:
It seems that me, and other friends that are gun enthusiasts, all have had similar dreams where we're in a self-defense situation, but our gun doesn't want to fire. The trigger is all gummy and sticky, and it feels hardto pull it.

Zen

"This is my dream analysis, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It means you're gay.

+1

Sorry.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Don't you mean ?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you mean ?

Sgatr15

i should have known it would turn to this. I should have posted it any other place than GD.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Bad day at the range? I have had that dream the least . I have had dreams where I got into a situation, and  just didn't have my gun, and was kicking myself in the ass for it. I have had dreams where i was totally in control of the situation, and eliminated the threat very skillfully--- one was extremely vivid. I followed protocols and asked the intruders to please stop, I didn't want to have to shoot them, but when they didn't,  I blew all 3 of their asses away with extreme prejudice, but was sorry I had to do it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#18]
REAL SERIOUS ANSWER HERE:

Machines and electronics do not work in dreams the way they do in waking life.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It means you're gay.

+1

Sorry.

+1

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It means you're gay.

+1

Sorry.

+1

The hell there isn't............

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Bad day at the range? I have had that dream the least . I have had dreams where I got into a situation, and  just didn't have my gun, and was kicking myself in the ass for it. I have had dreams where i was totally in control of the situation, and eliminated the threat very skillfully--- one was extremely vivid. I followed protocols and asked the intruders to please stop, I didn't want to have to shoot them, but when they didn't,  I blew all 3 of their asses away with extreme prejudice, but was sorry I had to do it.

the most recent one i had, i was in my apartment and i saw someone through the window with a crowbar. he was trying to get in and i leaned up against the door and sent my girlfriend to lock herself in the bathroom. i told the intruder to go away or i'll shoot, and he managed to get through the door. He was walking all through the house, while I was trying to shoot him. i even put the gun to his head as he walked, but the gun was too gummy to fire. I was getting so frustrated and finally woke up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It means you're gay.

+1

Sorry.

+1

Spoken like a true faggot!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#23]
In all my years an active shooter / competitor and soldier, I have honestly YET to have a dream where I even carry a weapon.

I am always unarmed, and sometimees I kick ass, other times I get my ass kicked.

Weird, huh?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I will anal-ize your dream for you:

Again, you have to read between the lines of your dream.  

I will once again help you out by highlighting in red what your dream really means.  

To find out what your dream really means only read the parts in red:  

Quoted:

the most recent one i had, i was in my apartment and i saw someone through the window with a crowbar. He was trying  to get in and i leaned up against the door and sent my girlfriend to lock herself in the bathroom. i told the intruder to go away or I'll shoot, and he managed to get through the door. He was walking all through the house, while I was trying to shoot him. i even put the gun to his head as he walked, but the gun was too gummy to fire. I was getting so frustrated and finally woke up.

Hope this helps.

Zen

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Too bad 20iner.  The worlds most respected experts on Faggotry have declared you to be gay.

Max_Power, DK-Prof, and DzlBenz have advanced degrees in Faggotology and have done extensive field research in the subject of homosexual dream analysis.

I'm glad I'm not you!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Ok, now for my real answer:

I've had dreams like this.

One where the bullets shoot out of the gun barrel real slow and then just drop on the ground at my attackers feet.

Another dream where I shoot a monster like attacker and the bullets fail to kill it no matter how hard I will them to.

Most dreams like this have little to do with guns or being attacked, but are about frustration in life. Like maybe you feel as if you are being thwarted in some way in real life.

They are just a gun owners version of the dream where you are being chased and you can only run in slow motion.

I don't think they have anything to do with sexuality usually. (in my case)  More to do with fear of something that may be occuring in your life that you are having a hard time dealing with.

To figure out what a dream means to you, try to remember what the FEELINGS you were experienceing during the dream were. That can help you figure it out.  

But as Sigmund once said, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".  

Zen

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

the most recent one i had, i was in my apartment and i saw someone through the window with a crowbar. he was trying to get in and i leaned up against the door and sent my girlfriend to lock herself in the bathroom. i told the intruder to go away or i'll shoot, and he managed to get through the door. He was walking all through the house, while I was trying to shoot him. i even put the gun to his head as he walked, but the gun was too gummy to fire. I was getting so frustrated and finally woke up.

What 20iner doesn't know, is that (in my dream) while he was in the living room trying to shoot the intruder I was in the bathroom boning his girlfriend.  

Zen

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep.  In all of mine, the trigger is too hard to shoot.  Once or twice I can actually shoot the gun, only to have the bullet do nothing to the attacker.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What would Ms. Lewinski say?

Why, she would say that: "Zen is a compelling, handsome, sexy beast, but he's just to LARGE and his unit scares me, and I just can't wrap my mind around his posts".  

Zen

"This is my fantasy, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#31]
The only dream that I can remember that involved a gun was me picking off gooks on top of this hill....  ....I think it had to do with the sniper documentary I watched before I went to bed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Hah ha-hahh.... Yep, been there dreamed that.

I dream that some thugs or whatever are coming at me and either my gun (which is old and junky) falls apart, or the ammo is old and the wrong caliber.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#33]
How about the one where you are standing naked on a pyramid, and beautiful women are dancing around  throwing little pickles at you.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
How about the one where you are standing naked on a pyramid, and beautiful women are dancing around  throwing little pickles at you.

Dude, I thought I was twisted, but you are one sick puppy!  

Zen

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It means you're gay. Not the dream, the fact that you ask other men about your dream. Sorry.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
It means you are sexually frustrated and that women aren't satisfying you.  That's why your friends are having similar dreams because subconsciously you are seeking out your own kind.

I think I saw this same topic on an episode of "Springer".
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Yeah, most of my life.... Someone's trying to kill me but the gun won't fire or it's ineffective.

I even used this as justification to upgrade from a 9mm to a  45 , and finally to an AR.

My AR is still ineffective against the zombies, but it beats running and gunning with a hi-power

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#40]
maybe once on the hard to pull trigger
normally the guns fire fine, it's the bullets that suck. they sometimes go so slow I can see them, or in the most likely case in my dreams they bounce off the target
on the plus side though none of the good guys in my dreams have ever been hurt due to this.
maybe my subconcious doesn't want to show anyone dying on either side
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What would Ms. Lewinski say?

"and sometimes it's a dildo"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I had a dream once were i was under attack by gangbangers, i had countless weapons and unlimited ammo, but none of them would go together? Also im pretty tough when it comes to brawling, but in every dream my punches are in slo mo and i cant fight for shit?  WTF
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Wow, look what my dream analysis of your dream came up with!!

You have to read between the lines.

Read only the words in red to understand what your dream really means:

Quoted:
Maybe once on the hard to pull trigger
normally the guns fire fine,i t's the bullets that suck. they sometimes go so slow I can see them, or in the most likely case in my dreams they bounce off the target on the plus side though none of the good guys in my dreams have ever been hurt due to this.
maybe my subconcious doesn't want to show anyone dying on either side

Hope this helps.

Zen

"This is my analysis, there aren't many like it, but this one is mine"  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#45]
No, but one time I had a dream where an intruder came in and I put about 100 rounds into him from various guns, and he still didn't drop.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Don't worry, it just means you're impotent.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
It seems that me, and other friends that are gun enthusiasts, all have had similar dreams where we're in a self-defense situation, but our gun doesn't want to fire. <snip>

Scrap the Tupperware, all will be fine.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
where we're in a self-defense situation, but our gun doesn't want to fire. The trigger is all gummy and sticky, and it feels hard to pull it.

That's kind of weird.

Especially since I keep having this dream where I'm kicking some loser's ass, and he pulls out a gun and can't fire it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#50]
I always have faulty ammo or a 50lb trigger
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top