Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 5:47:02 AM EDT
VOTE PEOPLE!  Anyone else think oil is worth shedding blood?  (I am a guardsman, so I am talking about my own blood here)

Here's my rationale, the point where we can't fix, fuel, arm, our weapons of war , ships, tanks, and the like, then the war comes home....

So I think there is a possibility the next to last war WILL be over oil - it has to be.

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:54:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Our economic growth depends on oil. Our continued way of life depends on oil. We have 2 options. A MAJOR overhaul of our entire way of life to a more organic way, or wage war for diminishing oil fields.

My opinion. I would prefer option 1, I think its intensely selfish to ask another man to die so you (You being general) can continue to drive a car getting 15 miles to the gallon 30 miles one way everyday to work, keep your house warmly heated instead of adequetely heated, have all your lights as 75 watt bulbs instead of 25 watt bulbs etc etc.
Basically, I think its selfish and unethical to send another to die so you could continue your wasteful lifestyle.

My .02 cents
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:54:27 AM EDT
[#2]
If you think this is a war over oiul then you sir are an idiot!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:54:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Oil runs our economy.

Oil saves lives - plastics for hospital equipment, farming, food packaging, transportation, emergency vehicles, you name it.

Our whole economy and lives are intertwined in oil.   Not having oil would cost far more lives than the wars.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:55:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Here's my rationale, the point where we can't fix, fuel, arm, our weapons of war , ships, tanks, and the like, then the war comes home....

Your thoughts?

And WTF are you talking about here?

Are you really this ignorant?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Wars were fought over much, much less. So, yes. My answer is yes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
VOTE PEOPLE!  Anyone else think oil is worth shedding blood?  (I am a guardsman, so I am talking about my own blood here)

So I think there is a possibility the next to last war WILL be over oil - it has to be.

Your thoughts?

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

+1
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it's more over who controls the oil. Radical people or sane trading partners.
Nobodys out to steal it,just want to be able to buy it to keep the worlds economy
functioning.

GM
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#9]
first of all, its not a war over oil.
second of all, i go into jihad mode when someone gets the last cup of coffee. so fuck yeah, i'll wax that ass for oil at 46 bucks a barrel. yee-haaww.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Oil=Food.  Yes it is that simple.

The tractor that turns the field that grows the beans that is driven to the packager that goes down the railroad to the truck that brings it to the distributor then is driven to the store that you drive your car to and from is all dependent on oil.  You can lie to yourself and say it isn't so, but it is in fact so.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
second of all, i go into jihad mode when someone gets the last cup of coffee.

Nobody...and I mean NOBODY, fucks with my coffee.!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm gonna steal the last of the coffee.....
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Unless you own at least 200 acres along with all the livestock and equipment to grow food for you and the livestock you need oil.  You can't live without oil.  Remember, you would have to grow your own cotton or hemp, gin it, spin it, loom it, cut it, and sew it just to cover your naked ass. Much better to drive to the mall to buy your Carharts isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:22:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Ask Japan in 1941. the US cut off their oil supplies so they attacked Pearl Harbor and many of our other possesions.

But Iraq is not a war for oil. Saddam would have sold us all the oil we wantted.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#17]
What war over oil,
If all the US (WE) wanted was oil it would be easy!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm gonna steal the last of the coffee.....

You just go ahead and try it bucko!

I got 4000 rnds of ammo and a bad attitude that says you can't take it from me.

Now back off!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Unless you own at least 200 acres along with all the livestock and equipment to grow food for you and the livestock you need oil.  You can't live without oil.  Remember, you would have to grow your own cotton or hemp, gin it, spin it, loom it, cut it, and sew it just to cover your naked ass. Much better to drive to the mall to buy your Carharts isn't it?

Now wheres the satisfaction in that??
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:28:43 AM EDT
[#20]
What war over oil? All i see is a war for the freedom from tyrany of a ruthless dictator.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What war over oil? All i see is a war for the freedom of tyrany of a ruthless dictator.

Unfortunately thats rather a flawed argument. Based on that argument alone, we got a LOOONG road ahead of us, cause Saddam certainly isnt the only one that needs a taste of American medicine.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
it's okey dokey by me to kill for oil. oil is of vital economic and strategic interst to america.

That sums it up very simply.

Also, I get a kick out of Dems crying about 'big oil'.  The Exxon/Mobil, BP/Amaco, Texaco/Cheveron and TotalFina/ELF mergers all took place during the Clinton administration.  Of course Robert Rubin's Wall Street cronies were all making boatloads of commissions and fees off of those deals at the time.

Now 'big oil' is some evil Republican soul-destroying behemoth.  Right.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it's okey dokey by me to kill for oil. oil is of vital economic and strategic interst to america.

That sums it up very simply.

Also, I get a kick out of Dems crying about 'big oil'.  The Exxon/Mobil, BP/Amaco, Texaco/Cheveron and TotalFina/ELF mergers all took place during the Clinton administration.  Of course Robert Rubin's Wall Street cronies were all making boatloads of commissions and fees off of those deals at the time.

Now 'big oil' is some evil Republican soul-destroying behemoth.  Right.

What the hell is wrong with you??

Quit tryin to confuse the issue with your pesky facts!!

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:47:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What war over oil? All i see is a war for the freedom of tyrany of a ruthless dictator.

Unfortunately thats rather a flawed argument. Based on that argument alone, we got a LOOONG road ahead of us, cause Saddam certainly isnt the only one that needs a taste of American medicine.

oops misspelled

But, i agree. Other countries need it too. who said this was going to be easy and short?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oops misspelled

But, i agree. Other countries need it too. who said this was going to be easy and short?

Not me!! I think my statement comes from the jackasses I work with. Every time I say the War is justified, they brin gup the whole "Yeah! For OIL!" argument. I remind them we did overthrow a evil dictator who killed his own people and sided with terrorists, but that doesnt seem to matter to them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#26]
so where's the oil?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

+1
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Thats irony at its finest.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:15:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't believe this war is for oil.  It is for the reasons given; War on Terrorism, Free Iraq, Possible WMDs.  

BUT, DAMMIT!  

I wish it was for oil right now!  In fact I would like to see the entire ME get sucked dry untill it is a 5000 foot deep depression!  $54 a barrel for light sweet crude?  WTF?
$2.11 a gallon and climbing here in Palmyra, NY.  Deisel at $2.37 a gallon!  Jesus Tapdancing  Christ!
Deisel is the most unrefined, rattiest, unflamable motor fuel available!  You can fill up a cup with the stuff and stick a lighted match in it, and the match will go out.

No blood has been spilled for oil.  It has been for all the right reasons(If they're any).  God bless our people over there.  Our politicians better not give in to my, or anyone else's similar rantings.

Bilster
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I don't believe this war is for oil.  It is for the reasons given; War on Terrorism, Free Iraq, Possible WMDs.  

BUT, DAMMIT!  

I wish it was for oil right now!  In fact I would like to see the entire ME get sucked dry untill it is a 5000 foot deep depression!  $54 a barrel for light sweet crude?  WTF?
$2.11 a gallon and climbing here in Palmyra, NY.  Deisel at $2.37 a gallon!  Jesus Tapdancing  Christ!
Deisel is the most unrefined, rattiest, unflamable motor fuel available!  You can fill up a cup with the stuff and stick a lighted match in it, and the match will go out.

No blood has been spilled for oil.  It has been for all the right reasons(If they're any).  God bless our people over there.  Our politicians better not give in to my, or anyone else's similar rantings.

Bilster

Its only going to get worse. As I understand, most sweet crude oil fields are being drilled out, to be replaced with sour crude fields which are much harder to refine and will cost much more to develop. But I also buy into the Peak Oil theory, so most dont like to listen to my oil rantings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top