Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 5:52:34 PM EDT
My mother hates guns, now she's telling me to stock up on ammo.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
No shit?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
She is wise.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Did she rob a bank?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
She said she's worried about 11/2
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
That reminds of some folks I work with that don't own any guns, but have found out that I do.  Some of them are always joking, "If the stuff really hits the fan, I'm coming to your house.  You have so many guns."  I never say, but am always thinking, "You can come and keep on knocking, but you can't come in."
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Love your mother.  She has grown wise with age.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My mother hates guns, now she's telling me to stock up on ammo.

Ask for some $$$ to help out.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Is she hot?   Post pics.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That reminds of some folks I work with that don't own any guns, but have found out that I do.  Some of them are always joking, "If the stuff really hits the fan, I'm coming to your house.  You have so many guns."  I never say, but am always thinking, "You can come and keep on knocking, but you can't come in."

Seems to be a trait of liberals.  "La, la, la, nothing can happen to me.  Nothing will go wrong.  That's what the gooberment is for, to protect us....  Gee, what's that?  What do you mean I HAVE TO LOOK OUT AFTER MYSELF!?!?!?"

www.sun-times.com/output/movies/cst-ftr-kurt20.html

Russell recalls that he was filming in Puerto Rico when the real Los Angeles riots took place.

"Marty Short and I were laying in bed looking at the stuff," he says. "If you're going to watch the riots, do it with Marty Short. I'm a libertarian, which to some people is akin to being a Scientologist, so Marty and I had some interesting discussions.''

He adds, "We had some nice people on that set who were politically very liberal. And gun control was always a strong issue with them. Well, then the L.A. riots come and these same people are calling me asking, 'Do you have any guns?'

"And I said, 'I'd love to help you out, but they're all being used.' Those people, suddenly, really realized what it's like to be in that ghetto every day. It's just about survival. It's just about getting through the day. Any way you can do it, you do it. And suddenly that Second Amendment made some sense during that rough moment."

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
False alarm, I asked her how much she wanted me to order and she replied "A box." (20 rounds)

rats...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#11]
DAMN! That sucks.

You can always tell a "gun nut" from someone that doesn't know much about them from that.

Gunner  == UPS guy getting hernia and credit card company jumping for joy.

Non-Gunner  == 1 box

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#12]
My father considers 50 rounds 'a lot'. Here I am getting 1000 rounds a month and thinking it is not nearly enough.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My father considers 50 rounds 'a lot'. Here I am getting 1000 rounds a month and thinking it is not nearly enough.

lol, yep
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah I used to get the same stuff. Another one I liked was " Your not gonna come in here and shoot up the place are ya?" First after asking that to me , I relized I was dealing with a Kerry ( read: IDIOT ) and just went on about my work while saying "No'. ending the discussion. If it was someone I knew , I would say"Well If I choose to do that , YOU won't be able to stop me!" and then give them a "Crazed" look.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
what's 11/2?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
what's 11/2?

November 2nd
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
what's 11/2?

Election day.

11/2 also equals 5.5
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
what's 11/2?

November 2nd election.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what's 11/2?

November 2nd election.

Sorry, I'm on vacation so my brain is in slow mode.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Quoted:

11/2 also equals 5.5

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted by Airwolf
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
That reminds of some folks I work with that don't own any guns, but have found out that I do. Some of them are always joking, "If the stuff really hits the fan, I'm coming to your house. You have so many guns." I never say, but am always thinking, "You can come and keep on knocking, but you can't come in."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems to be a trait of liberals. "La, la, la, nothing can happen to me. Nothing will go wrong. That's what the gooberment is for, to protect us.... Gee, what's that? What do you mean I HAVE TO LOOK OUT AFTER MYSELF!?!?!?"

www.sun-times.com/output/movies/cst-ftr-kurt20.html

Russell recalls that he was filming in Puerto Rico when the real Los Angeles riots took place.

"Marty Short and I were laying in bed looking at the stuff," he says. "If you're going to watch the riots, do it with Marty Short. I'm a libertarian, which to some people is akin to being a Scientologist, so Marty and I had some interesting discussions.''

He adds, "We had some nice people on that set who were politically very liberal. And gun control was always a strong issue with them. Well, then the L.A. riots come and these same people are calling me asking, 'Do you have any guns?'

"And I said, 'I'd love to help you out, but they're all being used.' Those people, suddenly, really realized what it's like to be in that ghetto every day. It's just about survival. It's just about getting through the day. Any way you can do it, you do it. And suddenly that Second Amendment made some sense during that rough moment."

Wow, Kurt Russel is the man, I think I have a new favorite actor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top