Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 5:35:25 PM EDT
Are there any kits, complete rifles, etc. that will reliably work with 7.62x39?  I've not heard much, but most of what I've heard revolves around the poor reliability of the magazines.  Are there any magazines that will feed 7.62x39 ammunition reliably?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I just spoke with DPMS last week and they have 30 round AK mags that have been converted for use in an AR. I believe all you need to convert your 5.56x45 over to 7.62x39 is bolt, carrier, barrel and magazines.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The only problem is reliable magazines.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The only problem is reliable magazines.

That is the million dollar question

I've been through NUMEROUS mags and after much massaging i have 2 mags that work reliably 85-90% of the time. The only mags worth buying are USA franken mags or franken mags from any maker
I guess U.S.A. Mags went out of business cause their website no longer works, but thats just a guess
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully some one will start to make them, and that work good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top