Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 4:30:49 PM EDT
My girlfriend just gave me a new glock e tool and i was wondering if any one had an opinion of them.  This thing feels very sturdy.

Any one else get anything good for sweetes day?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
For what day?

I been looking at those tools, try it out?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Some people say the Glock shovel is too wobbly and loose. I like it because it is light, and when you humping a lot of pounds, it's going to make a difference.
You lucky stiff, I wish my wife would give one of those for my BD. All I get now is a peck on the cheek.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not actually used it yet but it looks very solid. There is no wobbly or looseness to it. But i will let you know if i break it
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
nice gift on your g/fs part. I'll stick with my issued e-tool... Glock has a saw but you can't use theirs for a toilet.

J
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
pic?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My girlfriend just gave me a new glock e tool and i was wondering if any one had an opinion of them.  This thing feels very sturdy.

Any one else get anything good for sweetes day?

I have two for back packing and camping and for the extra support you need for the morning business.  Anyway, I won't go anywhere without it now, like an outhouse in your ruck.  Also, they are balanced for thowing, like a Spetsnaz fighting shovel.  Literally, the first time I threw it I nailed a tree at 15 yds, stuck perfectly.  They also have a nice saw, which is very useful.  Definitely worth it if you are concerned about weight and even if you're not.

bd
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
nice gift on your g/fs part. I'll stick with my issued e-tool... Glock has a saw but you can't use theirs for a toilet.

J

Negatory, works fine.  

bd
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#11]
They are awesome and fold flat.  Nice saw and pretty sturdy would make a good club in fight.  Too pretty to dig with though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Negatory, works fine.  

bd

how can you use the glock e-tool for a toilet?   This should be an entertaining  response.

J
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

... and for the extra support you need for the morning business.  Anyway, I won't go anywhere without it now, like an outhouse in your ruck....

Explain.  I can understand digging a cat hole, but support?????

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#14]
with a usgi e-tool the handle is shaped like a triangle. You jam the shovel end in the ground over your hole. You fold the handle at a 90 degree angle and you sit your ass on hollow spot in the triangle and support yourself with your feet. Since the glock e-tool has no triangle, i don't see how it would work at all unless you jammed the handle up your ass  so you wouldn't need a toilet.

J
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
with a usgi e-tool the handle is shaped like a triangle. You jam the shovel end in the ground over your hole. You fold the handle at a 90 degree angle and you sit your ass on hollow spot in the triangle and support yourself with your feet. Since the glock e-tool has no triangle, i don't see how it would work at all unless you jammed the handle up your ass  so you wouldn't need a toilet.

J

gotcha.  
might have to try that one of these days.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Negatory, works fine.  

bd

how can you use the glock e-tool for a toilet?   This should be an entertaining  response.

J

Fold the shovel blade in the 90 deg. position and place the flat part of the blade under one hamstring in a squat. Use the shovel handle as a support.  It works quite well actually and it sounds much easier than aiming your ass through the USGI e-tool handle. That sounds, well, like a pain in the ass.

bd

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

J

To think, all these years I've been doing it exactly opposite - handle on the ground and sitting one asscheek on the back of the shovel.  This clearly shows the versatility of the thing.

I figure that's what the Glock guys do - but they likely shove the handle in the ground like a stake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top